Ceviche - the perfect dish for a holiday
If you like fish and seafood, then try to cook ceviche - a dish that will surprise any gourmet and strike with freshness and unique taste. Learn some interesting recipes and all cooking tricks.
What is ceviche?
Ceviche is a dish made from fish or seafood. Peru is considered its birthplace, but such a simple and tasty snack is widespread and very popular in almost all Latin American countries. The classic method of preparation involves cutting fresh raw fish and its further short marinating in freshly squeezed lime juice. Next to taste can be added to the rings of fresh onions, tomato cubes or corn. Often used hot pepper, giving spice.
Recipes can vary, and each region has its own peculiarities and cooking tricks. For example, in some countries seafood is widely used, and in Colombia it is customary to use tomato paste or sauce as a marinade.
How to cook?
Each cook has his own secrets of cooking tender and tasty ceviches, and several interesting options are considered below.
A stunningly fragrant and tender ceviche made from salmon.
The list of ingredients is as follows:
- 250-300 g of fresh salmon fillet;
- one lime;
- half chili pepper or the usual red hot;
- one or two garlic cloves;
- small red onion;
- pepper, salt;
- at the will of coriander.
- First you need to prepare a marinade. To do this, squeeze out the juice from all citrus fruits, mix it. Peel and chop the garlic in any way, for example, using a press. Wash the pepper and grind it too (this can be done with a blender or a regular sharp knife). Kinzu chop up. Now in the juice, add garlic with hot peppers, salt, cilantro and ground pepper. Refueling is ready.
- Next, do salmon. It should be washed and cut into cubes or rectangular slices. Fill it with dressing and leave for about half an hour, putting it in the fridge.
- Drain the marinade (although a part can be left, it is very tasty and can replace the spicy sauce), and on the slices of salmon, put the onion, previously cleaned and cut into thin rings, on top.
No less tasty ceviche will turn out from flounder.Here is what you need for cooking:
- 200 g fillet of kabmal;
- three or four limes;
- several bunches of fresh basil;
- large garlic clove;
- half a pod of hot pepper;
- small red or purple onion;
- First prepare the marinade. Peel the garlic clove, wash the pepper, clean the onions and peel. Basil after washing dry. Next, immerse all the ingredients in a blender and grind until smooth. Squeeze the lime juice into this mixture and, if desired, add a little citrus pulp, then grind everything again.
- Flounder should be cut to make not very small pieces. Put them in the marinade and leave for literally twenty minutes. To cool the snack immediately, add a few pieces of ice.
- Ice remove, remove the excess marinade or use as a sauce. The dish is ready, you can serve it.
Try to make a delicacy ceviche of scallops.
Here's what you'll need:
- 250-300 g of fresh sea scallops;
- two lemons;
- two art. l. soy sauce;
- two or three garlic cloves;
- several bundles of coriander;
- a small piece of fresh ginger;
- two art. l.grape oil (can be replaced by another);
- ground pepper;
- Squeeze the juice of two lemons, immediately mix it with grape oil and soy sauce. Garlic in any way chop, cilantro, wash and chop, rub the ginger. Add these ingredients to the liquid mixture by adding ground pepper and salt.
- Scallops, preferably cut across the muscle fibers, pour the ready marinade and leave for about fifteen minutes.
- Serve seafood can be directly with the dressing, as it gives a snack freshness and piquancy, transforming and diversifying the taste.
How to serve the dish?
Seviche needs not only to cook properly, but also properly presented. How to serve this amazing snack? Usually, fresh onion rings are attached to it, for example, red, purple or regular onions. Also, it will be beneficial to emphasize the freshness of tomato. In some countries, ceviche is usually served with sweet boiled corn, which can replace a full-fledged side dish. But you can experiment and serve a dish with different vegetables. Also suitable potatoes, rice or other cereals.
Important: since a raw fish appetizer is prepared, it should be served immediately after preparation. You can not keep it, so everything should be quickly eaten.
At first glance it may seem that cooking ceviche is very simple. And this is actually the case, because the dish is not cooked, but only marinated and served. But still some tricks of preparation are, and they will allow to achieve an ideal taste:
- The first and most important rule is high quality and freshness of products. The fish is not heat treated, so that pathogenic microorganisms can multiply in it. That is why the product must be fresh and high quality.
- Do not use frozen fish, even if it was fresh and freshly caught before freezing (it will be difficult to find out). The fact is that low temperatures change the structure of the pulp, and it becomes not so tender.
- Surprisingly, it is important to squeeze the lime correctly. This should be done solely by hands, as the juicer can damage the fibers of the fruit and make the juice more bitter, and also give it a slight taste of plastic or metal, depending on the material of the nozzle.
- Ceviche can be made from almost any fresh fish, such as perch, trout, dorado, salmon, flounder, salmon, and so on. Also, a snack can be made from a variety of seafood: scallops, mussels, shrimp, squid.
- Interestingly, the fish after marinating brightens and becomes like boiled and baked. This occurs as a result of the process of denaturation of the protein, which is triggered either by heat treatment or by exposure to acids.
- If you wish, you can change and supplement any recipe by adding other juices to the marinade, as well as adding your favorite spices.
Now you can cook fish in a very unusual, but very simple way, surprising households and guests.