Eight ways to work your way to a long life
1. The top jobs for staying mentally agile are nursing, farming and all forms of office work. And have a gossip being social lowers risk of degenerative disease by 34%.
[American Journal of Epidemiology]
2. Staying at least one hour longer at work will help you avoid stress-related heart problems. If you take your work home you are 20 times more likely to develop heart disease.
[Johns University University]
3. Do some brain training and work harder. People with a low IQ have a higher risk of dying from lung and stomach cancer.
[The Scottish Mental Health Survey]
4. Go for a walk at lunchtime to cut your risk of heart disease and diabetes. Sitting down triples your chances of both because lipase, the enzyme which regulates the absorption of fat, is inactive when you are seated.
[University of Missouri]
5. Incorporating a quiz into your Friday afternoons at work will increase your life expectancy by 60%. Introducing an element of enjoyment like this will leave you less likely to take up bad habits like smoking.
[University College London]
6. Work part-time after retirement to stave off age-related disease. Leaving your job cold turkey is equivalent to obtaining a muscular, athletic body then spending the next 10 years as a couch potato.
[Journal of Occupational Health Psychology]
7. Work doesnt drive you mad. Quite the opposite: the older you are when you retire, the older youll be if and when you develop dementia. A job challenges you and social activity keeps you mentally agile.
[Int. Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry]
8. Reduce your daily risk of death by 10% by delaying your retirement for five years. Keeping your mind and body active keeps them functioning properly.
Video: 8 Ways to ORGANIZE YOUR LIFE - Productivity Tips, Self Care, & More
Hazelnut Spritz Cookies
The 7 Best Sports Glasses to Buy in 2019
How Being Single Helped Me Find My Style
16 Things You Could Do Instead of Watching Bruce Jenner’s 2020Special
Switch off your screens to ensure a good night’s rest
J.K. Rowling launches new Harry Potter website
This Woman Is Suing Because Her Tights Didnt Make Her Orgasm
15 Weekend Bags that Upgrade Your Travel Style
These Are the Concealers the Busiest Models Swear By
More on Black Friday 2019
What Is Raw Water, and Should You Drink It
10 grooming secrets from the experts
Kate Middleton and Prince William Play Hockey During Their Royal Visit to Stockholm