Features of weight loss after 40 years
Every girl and woman wants to be beautiful and attractive, and this desire is absolutely not dependent on age. And if you consider that after 30-40 years, life is only beginning, then to strive for a slim figure, you can not only strive, but also need. But how to get rid of extra pounds after 40, if it is given with difficulty?
What happens in the body of a woman after 40 years?
It is clear that with age, cells, tissues and organs change, this is normal and inevitable. And what happens inside a woman after reaching such a milestone as the age of forty? Here are some important points:
- Metabolism slows down significantly. And this means that energy is consumed much slower, which, in turn, leads to the fact that incoming calories and fats simply do not have time to burn and go “to the reserve”, laying on the thighs, stomach, buttocks and other parts of the body.
- With age, the need for certain substances and components increases. For example, calcium is needed for the normal condition of bones, hair and nails.Vitamin C is necessary to strengthen blood vessels. In general, without vitamins, minerals, micro and macronutrients and other important substances, the functioning of the body will certainly be impaired, which will affect both health and shape and appearance.
- Due to inappropriate lifestyle, frequent stresses or adverse environmental conditions, by the age of 40, most women acquire several chronic diseases. And, unfortunately, these diseases are not the best way reflected on the body.
- Water is life, and metabolism depends on it (knowingly, all nutritionists set consumption norms and minimum volumes). And after forty years, the cells are not able to fully retain moisture, so that there is a constant dehydration, which adversely affects the body.
- Hormonal background will inevitably change, and in fact hormones have the most direct impact on metabolic processes and weight.
Is it possible to lose weight?
Is it possible after forty years to get rid of extra pounds? Of course, you can, you just need to want! Of course, it will be more difficult to restore the previous forms, than before, but if you want to, you can achieve everything.
No justification! The right motivation - yes!
Many women constantly justify their shortcomings. Some refer to diseases, others - to the lack of time, others - to domestic affairs and their abundance, the fifth blame hormones for everything. Stop looking for excuses! Not many people have serious hormonal disorders (and the problem is solved), it is quite possible to devote an hour to your beloved one, almost everyone has diseases, and the work is not a wolf!
And one more important point is motivation. If at the age of 20-30, girls tend to be attractive for the sake of the attention of men or at least for the envy of their friends, then at the age of 40 the hands are almost lost, the incentives disappear.
There is a husband, he will not go anywhere and will love his wife as she is. And most of the friends have long ceased to be perfect. But do not think so! The husband may be dissatisfied with your appearance, so you need to take care of yourself. And is it really not pleasant to see in the mirror a wise and attractive woman in the prime of her life? In general, motivate yourself correctly and constantly!
What not to do?
Before you figure out how to lose weight after 40 years, you should find out the basic and most common mistakes that the vast majority of slimming women make. Here they are:
- Sharp restrictions in food or a complete rejection of certain products.First, all this can lead to avitaminosis and serious health problems. Secondly, you will not see any results. The fact is that the body is designed in such a way that in adverse or extreme conditions, it begins to make strategic reserves. So if you limit yourself in everything, then everything that goes into the body with food will immediately be put off.
- Eating habits. If earlier you could allow yourself frequent feasts and “holidays” of the abdomen, then now it is worth remembering that in order to save the forms, you need to try. And the weight will go slower.
- Express diets designed for fast weight loss. Rapid and dramatic weight loss can cause skin problems (it can become flabby and sag due to age-related changes and structural features of the epidermis).
- Rejection of the sport. You should not think that sport is for young people, you can also choose something for yourself.
- Failure from cholesterol and fats. The fact is that some fats are actively involved in the synthesis of female sex hormones. So if you completely abandon them, menopause will come much earlier due to a lack of hormones.But fats and cholesterol must be correct. So, must prevail plant.
How to eat?
Nutrition plays a very important role in losing weight. Here are some basic principles:
- Reduce daily calorie intake. So, to save the form, 2000 calories will be enough, but with an active lifestyle. And if 1500 calories are delivered to the body, the weight will gradually start to go away. But less than 1200 calories can not be consumed, remember this!
- Diversify your menu. Cook different delicious dishes from a variety of healthy products. If you enjoy the food, it will be much easier to lose weight. A balanced diet will allow you to supply the body with everything you need and protect yourself from avitaminosis and hypovitaminosis.
- Be sure to include the following foods in your diet: lean meats and fish, vegetables, fruits, berries, cereals and cereals, dairy and dairy products, legumes.
- Reduce the amount of servings, do not overeat.
- Cook better in the oven or steamed, you can also boil and simmer. Refuse frying.
- The latest meal should be carried out no later than 2-3 hours before bedtime.
- Give up on fast food and convenience foods.
- Drink at least 2-2.5 liters of water per day.
Here is a sample menu: for breakfast, eat a bowl of cereal or muesli with milk. The second breakfast may consist of a sandwich (use bran bread) with low-fat cheese. For lunch, eat a little lean vegetable soup, vegetable stew and a piece of fresh fish. At the snack, eat some fruit or some berries, drink a glass of kefir. For dinner, eat vegetable salad and a piece of lean meat.
No one forces you to deal professionally, but, for example, fitness is quite accessible to you, like dancing or something else. Consider your features, condition and physical activity, select the program individually with a trainer. Do not overstrain and monitor your condition.
And now useful tips for losing weight:
- Chew food thoroughly, do not eat at the TV or at the computer.
- Move more every day: walk upstairs, do household chores, just walk.
- Try to keep a food diary, it can help.
- Try some treatments, such as massage.
- Tune in to success.
Let everything work out for you, and your figure pleases the eye and arouses the envy of your friends.