Gentle and spicy cake Mozart
Cake is always a festive and appetizing dessert. But some variations are especially exquisite and original. For example, any gourmet will be pleased and surprised by the Mozart cake.
What is this cake?
Mozart cake is an arbitrary variation of Austrian Mozart sweets. It also consists of three layers: pistachio cream, walnut, and chocolate glaze. These layers are stacked on a delicate sponge cake, and the result is a great dessert. But once it is worth mentioning that the preparation of such a cake can not be called simple, so you should thoroughly read the recipe and follow the sequence of actions.
How to cook?
How to cook Mozart cake? Preparation is carried out in several stages, and each should be considered separately. But first you need to prepare the ingredients.
To prepare, many different components are required, and for convenience they are divided into groups according to the ingredients of the dessert.
To prepare the cake you need:
- two egg whites;
- 1 egg yolk;
- 50 or 60 g butter;
- three tablespoons of powdered sugar;
- ten tablespoons of wheat flour;
- about a third of a glass of sugar;
- 60-70 grams of dark chocolate.
Prepare the following products for pistachio cream:
- half a cup of pretty fat milk;
- two tablespoons of sugar;
- one yolk;
- a teaspoon without the top of gelatin;
- four tablespoons of pistachio paste;
- four art. l. marzipan;
- two tablespoons of cherry liqueur;
- half a cup of cream (the fatter the better).
For nut cream:
- 1.5 tsp gelatin;
- 4 tbsp. l. water;
- 1 yolk;
- a teaspoon of vanilla sugar;
- five tablespoons without the top of granulated sugar;
- five tablespoons of nut paste;
- a glass of cream;
- six tablespoons of caramelized hazelnuts (if these were not found, then add two or three tablespoons of sugar to the list).
For chocolate glaze:
- six to seven tablespoons of water;
- a teaspoon of instant gelatin;
- 5 tbsp. l. cocoa powder;
- 150 ml of cream;
- bitter chocolate tile;
- ¾ cup of sugar;
- 1.5 Art. l. butter.
You will also need 50-70 ml of cherry liqueur for impregnation (you can replace 50 ml of cherry syrup and two tablespoons of rum or brandy).For decoration, use unsalted pistachios.
Preparation of the Mozart cake at home is carried out in several stages, each will be considered separately below.
Cooking sponge cake
To make a delicious biscuit, proceed in sequence:
- Melt chocolate in a water bath.
- Next, whisk it with powdered sugar and butter, then add the yolk.
- Separately with sugar until frothy formation, beat the whites.
- Now gently combine the protein and other composition, then slowly enter the flour and gently mix everything.
- Cover the form with parchment (it is desirable to oil it), place the dough on it and bake in the oven at 180 degrees 25-30 minutes.
- Cover the finished cake so that it does not dry out.
Preparation of pistachio cream
So, the preparation of pistachkogo cream:
- In any container, mix sugar, milk, yolks and gelatin.
- The bowl should be placed in a water or steam bath. At the same time actively beat the composition to thicken it. It will take about fifteen minutes.
- Now add marzipan, pistachio paste and cherry liqueur to the mass. Cool the mixture and whisk well.If there is no paste, you can simply grind unsalted pistachios in a blender or coffee grinder.
- Separately, begin to whip the cream and do it until you get a stable foam.
- Now you need to mix the cream with the cream, but very carefully so that the foam does not fall off.
- Cool this mass.
Cooking Nut Cream
To make a homemade nut cream, you need:
- Gelatin pour into cold water and dissolve in a water bath.
- Beat yolks, vanilla sugar and eggs to make an airy mass.
- In the egg mixture, add the gelatin, then immediately enter the nut paste.
- Whip the cream.
- Caramelize the nuts, roasting them in sugar.
- Connect all components, mix gently.
Chocolate glaze preparation
Making chocolate icing is pretty simple:
- First, dissolve the gelatin in two tablespoons of water, let it swell a little.
- Then, in a water bath or in another way, melt the chocolate.
- Separately, heat the cream to about 70 or 80 degrees and dissolve the swollen gelatin.
- Combine cream with hot and slightly thickened chocolate, as well as cocoa.
- In a separate container, mix the sugar with the remaining water,Put this mixture on the fire and simmer it to thicken a little.
- Then pour the chocolate and creamy mixture into the resulting syrup in a thin stream. Mix everything thoroughly and set aside, but do not cool much, because while the icing should remain liquid.
Now the most interesting thing is the formation of the cake. The first layer will be the biscuit base. It should be soaked in cherry liqueur. Next, put pistachio cream in an even layer and at least half an hour, send the billet to the fridge to set. Next comes the nut cream. After it spreads over the surface of the previous layer, send the dessert back to the fridge so that it is almost completely frozen.
Next, proceed to coating the cake with icing. Water it on top and evenly distribute the sides. Put the dessert in the fridge and wait for freezing. And finally, you can experiment with pistachios. Decorate them with a cake, laying on top and sides.
If you have enough patience, by all means study the recipe and please the household with an exquisite Mozart cake. He will definitely conquer all!