How to choose a good boots?
High-quality winter shoes - a pledge of your comfort, so it is worth taking a very serious and responsible approach to buying it. To avoid mistakes, learn how to choose good boots.
Main selection criteria
To make the right choice and even enjoy the comfort in the cold season, before buying you should identify the most important criteria:
- Climate and weather conditions in your region. If the winters are frosty in the city, then you should choose warm boots that will keep your feet warm even at minimum temperatures.
- Lifestyle. If in the winter you are forced to spend a lot of time outside, then you need to choose the most warm and comfortable shoes. If you go to work and on business, then you can buy easier boots, but no less comfortable, so that the car is not hot, and you have the opportunity to manage personal transport without hindrance.
- Winter outerwear. If in the cold season you wear a smart fur coat or sheepskin coat, then the shoes should match and be no less elegant and, accordingly, expensive.
- Budget.If you are willing to spend a significant amount, you can choose boots more expensive. If the budget is limited, then choose a cheaper model. But remember that even "sky-high" cost is not always a guarantee of high quality.
- Personal preferences. And they too should be considered, as well as design trends. And yet stylish - it means appropriate and harmonious, so if trendy boots you just do not go, you should not buy them in order to pay tribute to fashion.
What to pay attention to?
How to choose the right quality winter boots? This footwear is not just an important part of your winter image, but also a guarantee of comfort and warmth. And in order for them to cope with all their functions on the “5+”, several important points should be taken into account when purchasing.
What are boots made of?
Boots are usually made of the following materials:
- Genuine Leather. Such material is considered to be the highest quality, environmentally friendly and practical, it is perfect for both slushy and frosty winters. The skin does not let in moisture and retains heat well, so it will be comfortable in boots and your feet will not get wet.In addition, this natural material is quite strong and durable, so that the shoes will last you more than one season. The only negative - it's quite a high cost. In addition, the skin is often counterfeited. But to verify the authenticity, you can carefully consider the boots and touch them. So, to the touch they should be warm, while the surface of artificial will be cool. Assess the reverse side of the material, which is most convenient to do in places slices, for example, near the castle. The inside of the leather has a nap, and the base of the leather substitute is fabric.
- Natural suede. It is not less quality than leather, but not so practical, although it looks more interesting and very pleasant to the touch. Such material is quite capricious, it quickly gets wet and requires special care, and after walking through the puddles, bright traces often remain on the surface. In addition, suede can be blown if the wind is too strong. But suede boots will definitely be comfortable, soft and elegant.
- Leather is the cheapest material that many people choose. But, perhaps, the only advantage of artificial footwear is its affordable price. The drawbacks are much more.First, leatherette can pass moisture, which will cause your feet to get wet. Secondly, during severe frosts, artificial material may crack. Also, cracks and damage often occur with active wear at the folds. Thirdly, leather leatherette boots hardly warm you up in the cold, because not only moisture penetrates from the outside through their porous structure, but also heat from the inside.
- Textiles - the worst option for the winter, because it is unlikely to fully warm, but quickly get wet. Although models covered with special impregnations and warmed with fur are quite suitable for the cold season. But their price will be higher than the cost of leatherette shoes.
The inside of the boot should be covered with insulation, and the best option is shoes with fur. And although many argue that the artificial warms no worse, in fact it is not, because the natural created by nature itself, and it is to save heat. In addition, this material "breathes", which will prevent excessive sweating and the associated unpleasant smell emanating from the legs.
Determine the naturalness of the fur is possible.To do this, spread the villi and view the base. If it is woven, then the interior trim is artificial. If you notice a nap (such as on the wrong side of the skin), then the fur is natural.
But there are mixed options. Often used technology combined fur (sometimes it is called "European", which is associated with the mild climate of most European countries), in which the leg is insulated with artificial material, and the area of the foot - natural. And if the weather conditions are not very harsh, then this option is fine, because part of the foot, close to the ground, will be well insulated.
Variety of models
Be sure to evaluate the model and winter shoes. There are many options that differ in many criteria, such as the height and width of the tops, the sharpness of the noses, the design and so on.
First of all, appreciate the height. The larger it is, the more closed the leg will be, but high boots are not always comfortable and appropriate, so it is better to choose a model below the knee. As for the width, too wide tops can pass the wind, snow and moisture inside. And excessively narrow will hamper your movements.
No less important and noses.Excessively narrow and long can make winter shoes extremely uncomfortable: the feet will be squeezed, and the sharp parts themselves - greatly interfere with walking. Give preference to slightly elongated, but rounded and not very long noses, or round.
Popular models of winter boots:
- Ugggy. The pad is wide as the tops, and the cut is extremely simple. Usually uggs are made of suede and have a sheepskin lining, but there are options of leather.
- High fur boots have a flat sole, and the tops are trimmed with fur. This model resembles the shoes of the Eskimos.
- Treads are boots with high tops, which go behind the knees. On the one hand, it is beautiful, and most of the legs will be closed. But sometimes this model looks vulgar or uncomfortable while walking.
- “Cossacks” is a very specific model resembling Cossack shoes.
- Cowboy boots, like the previous ones, have a distinctive appearance.
We estimate the sole
The sole is a very important part of the boot. In the winter, many people buy shoes with flat soles, as it is very comfortable. But still a small heel will ensure the correct position of the foot. No less common option - wedge, but in winter it should not be high.
Heeled boots can be uncomfortable and slip, as the grip on the ground is minimal. But if you want to appear taller, choose a model with a steady, not too high heel and a small platform that will reduce lift and lift the foot from the cold ground, providing additional protection from undercooling.
Determine the size
The size of winter boots should be one or two values larger than yours, as in the cold you will probably want to wear a sock. And if the shoes are tight, the warmth of the legs will not last for a long time, and discomfort will darken the toe.
We take into account important details
The most basic points are listed, but there are equally important little things that also affect the comfort and image:
- Colour. In winter, it is better to choose non-stained boots, especially if there is slush in your area. Optimal and universal tones are gray, brown and black. More interesting, but no less practical options - burgundy, blue, red, purple.
- Jewelry should not interfere with walking, this is the most important. In addition, the decor should match the outerwear and the whole image.
- Clasp. Comfortable boots with zippers, but they must be of high quality and easy to use.
Useful advice for those who have not had time to buy winter boots:
- It is best to try on boots in the evening when the legs are a bit swollen.
- Purchase boots in specialized stores that provide a guarantee for shoes and the possibility of exchange.
- Do not buy shoes without fitting!
- Provide your boots with proper care so that they serve for a long time.
Let winter boots warm your feet and provide comfort in the cold season!