How to cook chicken breast in the oven?
If you can't decide how to cook the breast lying in the fridge, try cooking the chicken breast in the oven, because this method is one of the best. It is good in that it allows you to avoid excessive use of oil and strong heating, so the dish prepared in this way will be both tasty and healthy. Baked chicken breast in the oven retains all its dietary properties, and at the same time has an exquisite delicate taste. There is a mass of recipes, in which it is prescribed to bake breasts in the oven, we will talk about the most delicious or original ones and begin, perhaps, with breasts baked in foil.
Chicken breasts in the oven in foil with pumpkin and potatoes
This recipe is designed for four servings. You will need:
- two whole chicken breasts
- four large potatoes
- half a little nutmeg (about half a kilo)
- two hundred grams of hard cheese
- half a lemon
- ready seasoning for potatoes
- salt and pepper
- some vegetable oil.
The cooking procedure is as follows:
- Breast cut in half, pour the juice from half a lemon, sprinkle with pepper and salt and leave them in a glass bowl for a quarter of an hour.
- While marinating the breasts, peel the potatoes and pumpkin and cut them into cubes. Try to cut the pumpkin into larger pieces than potatoes, this is necessary so that they are ready at the same time.
- Put the pumpkin and potatoes in one bowl, sprinkle them with potato seasoning, pour with vegetable oil and mix well.
- Cheese grate a large straw on a grater or in a food processor.
- Begin to form batch envelopes. Tear off a large piece of dense foil, if you have too thin, use it in two layers. Place one quarter of the vegetable mixture in the center of the sheet, place half of the chicken breast on top, sprinkle it with grated cheese, cover with a second piece of foil and carefully wrap the edges, thus sealing the envelope of foil. Similarly, make three more envelopes.
- Now put them on a baking sheet, place it in the oven and hold there 40 - 50 minutes at a temperature of about 180 * C.
The following recipe for chicken breasts in the oven will be a bit unusual, as it uses pine nuts.
Chicken Breasts with Pine Nuts
For their preparation you will need
- kilogram of chicken breasts
- three hundred grams of excellent hard cheese
- a glass of peeled pine nuts.
Prepare them as follows:
- Breast cut into two halves, remove the breast bone, and gently beat each half with a kitchen hammer. Then, as usual, salt them and pepper.
- We oil a suitable baking mold, put chicken breasts in it in one layer,
- Now we’re rubbing our cheese and sprinkling them over the breasts with plenty of bread, scattering pine nuts over the top with a generous hand and covering all this splendor with foil.
- We send the form to the oven, where it is supposed to be about half an hour at an average temperature, after which we slightly open the oven door, remove the foil and wait for the golden cheese crust to form on top of the breasts. It usually takes 5 to 10 minutes.
And finally, another recipe for cooking chicken breasts in the oven, this time in the Italian style.
Italian Chicken Breasts
This recipe is designed for four people. To prepare this wonderful Mediterranean cuisine you have to buy in advance.
- two whole chicken breasts
- one big eggplant
- a pound of fresh tomatoes - small and fleshy
- 200 grams medium sized mushrooms
In addition, you will need good hard cheese (ideally it should be parmesan), an onion, two cloves of garlic, a bunch of basil, pepper, salt and some vegetable oil, preferably, of course, olive oil.
- Divide the chicken breasts into two parts, remove the skin from them, lightly salt them and set aside for now.
- Chop the onion, chop the garlic, and cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Take a large and deep thick-walled frying pan, heat the oil in it, load the garlic and onions and fry them for a couple of minutes on medium heat, not forgetting to stir often.
- Add the champignons to the pan and let them fry slightly - it will take about five minutes.
- During this time, cut the eggplant into small cubes, and cut each tomato into four pieces.
- Add the eggplant cubes to the fried mushrooms, and fry this mixture for 2 - 3 minutes, put the quarters of tomatoes in the pan, add the fire and fry the vegetables for another couple of minutes, then reduce the heat to minimum and keep the sauce on the stove for a quarter of an hour.During this time, the excess liquid will evaporate and the sauce will slightly thicken. Salt it as you like, add ground pepper and a few crumbled basil leaves.
- Take a deep heat-resistant form, grease it with oil, put halves of chicken breasts in it in one layer, cover them with ready-made sauce on top, cover the form with foil or lid and place in an oven heated to 190 * C for half an hour.
- After this time, remove the lid, sprinkle your chicken with a handful of grated cheese, add temperature and wait for all the cheese to melt. All breasts in Italian ready!