How to create an image of the game?
A disk image (image) is a file that contains a copy of the structure and content of the data and the file system that resides on a disk, for example, a floppy disk, a compact disk, or on a hard disk partition. With the advent of optical media such as CDs, DVDs, CD / DVD images, often in the format of an .ISO file, have become a common form of images.
What are the images
In addition to .ISO, there are other formats for disk images:
- .Dmg and .img;
- .VCD (Virtual CD);
- .NRG (Nero Burning ROM);
- .MDF and .MDS (Alcohol 120%, DAEMON Tools);
- .DAA (Power ISO);
- .PQI (Drive Image);
- .VDF (VDF Crypt, Free VDF);
- .CCD / .SUB / .IMG (Clone CD).
Images of disks are very convenient if there is no original at hand, and you can’t do without it.
Consider how to create an image of the game on the example of the most convenient and popular program for this purpose Alcohol 120%:
- Run the installed program Alcohol 120%;
- Select the menu item "Create Images";
- A corresponding dialog box should appear in which you can select a drive with which you will create an image. There must be a game disc in this drive;
- Often, licensed disks use protection against piracy (for example, Star Force).In order to create an image of such a disk from the bottom of the window called “Disk Creation Wizard”, you must select a mode that corresponds to the type of protection. And if there is no protection, then in the "Data Type" field you must set the user mode;
- In the tab titled “Reading Parameters”, you must select the desired name for the game image, as well as the place on the hard disk where the program will save it after the image has been recorded;
- If there are small scratches on the disc, in the “Reading options” tab, check the box next to the “Quick skip reading errors” option. This option is on by default;
- Now you need to check all your parameters. If the settings are correct, click "Start". After approximately 6-10 minutes, the image of your game will be ready!
How to create a disk image of a game using the Nero Express program? The process is simple; instruction:
- Insert the disc into a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM;
- Launch the installed Nero Express program;
- You will see there a menu called "Copy the entire disc";
- You need to set the source - this is your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM, and the receiver is “Image Recoder”, that is, the hard disk of the computer;
- Now click on the "Copy" button;
- Now select the place on the hard disk where the image of the game will be saved. Click "Save";
- The process of saving is in progress ... At the end (reaches 100%) a window should appear with the inscription “Burned successfully completed”.
It often happens that you already have a game on your computer and you want to create an image from it.