How to cut the meat?
“Chopping meat properly is a real science,” the chef will say. And it will be absolutely right. After all, not only the appearance of the dish, but also its taste qualities depend on the method of cutting. We will tell you how to cut meat.
To begin with, the basic rule before work: the product should be fresh, the knife should be sharp, and the cutting board should be wetted with water so that blood does not soak into the wood.
When buying, note:
- the meat must be elastic (do not leave dents when pressed)
- pink or red (old product is usually gray-brown with dark spots)
- not swollen and not wet (otherwise it was either naked with harmful injections, or frozen several times)
- if the meat is fresh, then in this fresh form is not suitable for all dishes. For example, it should not be allowed on the kebab. For this dish, a piece before cutting should lie down for two or three days. During this time, excess blood will be drained, and the muscle fibers that have collapsed at the bottom will relax. Otherwise, the dish just get tough.
- For kebabs it is better to buy a tenderloin, loin or ham.You can buy the product from other parts of the animal's body (lamb or pork), but in this case you have to carefully cut the meat from the veins and bones.
How to cut meat: fillet
- Allow the product to rest for at least 15 minutes before cutting. So its juices are evenly distributed throughout the piece of meat, and the process of shredding itself will be easier.
- Pay attention to the knife. In addition to its sharpness, it should also be with a smooth blade: no chipping and the like of files. Otherwise, cooked meat will not look very aesthetically pleasing.
- Often the housewives put themselves before a choice: cut the meat lengthwise or across? So the main rule: the product is cut only across the fibers. Otherwise, as a result of cooking, the dish will be hard, and the fibers will start to get stuck between the teeth.
- If we are talking about slicing the sirloin, then their size will depend on the dish itself, but the pieces should be the same - this is how to cut the meat across the grain. For example, to make kebabs, make them 3 by 3 cm or 5 by 5 cm.
How to cut meat on the bone
- When it comes to cuts on the bone, in the cutting process, hold the end of the bone with a towel or kitchen napkin.Cut the meat into chunks about 1 cm thick from the stone.
- We cut the rib cuts. To do this, set the meat so that its ribs sticking up vertically. If necessary, also hold it with a towel or kitchen napkin. Cut the product between the ribs into pieces of equal thickness. Another option is to completely remove the bones, removing them from the meat. This will cut the product into thin slices.
That's all! Bon Appetit! After all, not to say the followers of vegetarianism, a well-cooked meat product is very tasty.