How to develop mindfulness?
Mindfulness is the ability of a person to focus his attention on an object. A person who is not able to concentrate his attention on the subject matter of the moment cannot effectively solve the tasks before him. If you are scattered by nature, try to get rid of this annoying flaw, and you will see that your whole life is changing for the better.
How to develop mindfulness: tips
Mindfulness is a cumulative concept, it is directly related to such qualities as self-discipline, perseverance, memory, observation and ability to concentrate. It is these qualities that should first be developed in order to become an attentive person.
How to develop mindfulness in an adult
To develop and develop care is not so difficult. To do this, you need to daily train your will, memory and perseverance, know some methods of increasing attentiveness and act in accordance with them.
- Try to bring to the end all your undertakings, regardless of the unforeseen difficulties arising in the process of work.Force yourself to perform well, even the work that you absolutely do not like. The priority phrase in your vocabulary should be the phrase “I have to,” and not “I want.” Remember that to force yourself to focus on a very important at the moment, but not interesting subject to it can only be a person with a strong will.
- Always immediately check everything written or done - learn to notice your mistakes yourself, not waiting for other people to point out to you.
- If you feel that you can’t concentrate your attention on the work being done, do not give up halfway. Try to come up with an extra positive motivation for yourself, for example: as soon as I finish the article, I will see an interesting film. If this does not help, take a break for a while and take a short break.
- In the case when you are scattered by nature, it is difficult for you to focus on the subject of your work. In order to narrow the range of factors that distract your attention, turn off external stimuli: TV, player, Skype, and, if possible, your phone.
- In order not to blush in front of other people because of unfulfilled promises, get yourself a notebook in which you write down all the things you are to do.
- Play mind games.Such seemingly children's games perfectly train memory and sharpen attention. These include all sorts of paired pictures in which you need to find differences, computer quests based on finding hidden objects, games - mazes, puzzles, and many other equally interesting representatives of the logic games and puzzles genre.
- Another good way to train mindfulness is the following exercise. Lay out on the table ten small different items, look at them for a minute and try to remember them. After that, turn away and ask the assistant to remove one of the objects from the table. Now turn again to the table, turn on your visual memory, focus and try to understand what kind of object was removed. Have fun in this way as often as possible, increase the number of objects - it will definitely benefit you, since such exercises contribute to the development of memory and observation.
How to develop child care
Small children, by their nature, are not able to concentrate attention on one subject for a long time - they quickly get tired and switch their interest to new objects.In addition, children are characterized by increased physical activity - they simply physically cannot long sit in one place and perform the same work assigned to them. Therefore, attentiveness in children should be trained in a playful way - this allows them to maintain their interest in such activities for as long as possible. The games aimed at the development of care, in particular, include:
- Games to search for paired items. The child is given an even number of pictures. Animals are drawn on two of them, for example, a cat and a doggy, on two of them are flowers: a rose and a daisy, and on two of them more are vehicles: a car and an airplane. Before the baby the task is to arrange the pictures in pairs and explain their decision.
- Games to play sequences in a row. Seat five or six dolls and plush little animals on the sofa in a row, ask the child to remember the order in which they sat, and then mix the toys. The task of the child is to re-seat everyone in the same order.
- Games to find inconsistencies. For example, you need to say that you are a gardener, and the baby is your helper, and together you will choose plants for your garden.Then you start listing the names of the plants and asking the child if they are suitable for you: “Rose?” - the baby says: “Yes!”, “Apple tree?” - “Yes!”, Etc. At some point you need say: “Cow?” - the child should notice the discrepancy and answer “No!”.
In addition to these educational games, which we cited here for example, there is also a lot of other equally useful fun: the same pair of pictures, games from the series “It happens or not”, games in a detective (searching for hidden objects and searching objects and people according to their description), etc., etc.