How to diversify gray days and lift your spirits
Constant stress, both at home and at work, old grievances, disappointments in relationships deprive a person of all the bright colors of life. And the cold, gray and damp outside the window only add despondency. According to the World Health Organization, more than 35% of Russians are in a constant depressive state, and, unfortunately, this figure is only increasing every year.
Someone prefers to relieve tension over a glass of something “intoxicating” in the company of a best friend or girlfriend. Someone simply becomes self-contained, not trusting anyone ... In any case, no one, except himself, can understand the problem, draw conclusions and help raise his spirits. You should not postpone "for later", wait for the right moment. You can start changing right now!
Common causes of mood extinction
In everybody's life, there must have been such moments when everything is furious, everything is wrong.It seems that a little bit more and the person will simply explode with anger. About these people usually say: "I got up on the wrong foot". And few people will think about coming, talking, finding out what happened and whether help is needed.
Well, if such bouts of irritation occur infrequently. But after all, there are people who constantly have a bad mood and their anger, they break into subordinates or relatives. How to help a person in this situation?
To cope with negative emotions, you need to understand the reasons for their appearance. Psychologists identify several of the most common factors that reduce mood:
- Negative thoughts.Such a person is inclined to accept and process incoming information only in a negative aspect. He just does not notice the positive things.
- Inability to compromise.Often these people are "always right." They are not accustomed to reckoning with someone else's opinion, so any, even the most harmless dispute, for them can turn into a great tragedy.
- Pessimistic forecasts.“Nothing will change, everything will only get worse,” - here are the thoughts of such a person.
- Inflated demands on themselves.Such a complex originates in childhood. Strict parents constantly compare a child with their peers, make them study better than Kohl from a parallel class. Even as an adult, the person still remains in a rigid framework: “I have to,” “I need.” All this greatly affects their own self-esteem, lowers the mood to a minimum.
- Own conjectures.Constant attempts to guess what others think about, unwillingness to check their guesses and ask directly, nothing good but disappointment brings such people to life.
Top tips to cheer yourself up
According to a survey conducted by British students among young people from 17 to 32 years old, the leading positions in the struggle for a good mood are: personal success and getting money.
The event was attended by over 120,000 young people and this is what happened:EventNumber of people who votedPercentage of
|Favorite band concert||13 452||10,87 %|
|Eating sweets||5 604||4,53 %|
|A party||15 578||12,59 %|
|Receiving the money||20 009||16,18 %|
|Watching a good movie||8 756||7,08 %|
|Receiving a gift||13 087||10,58 %|
|Personal success||21 543||17,46 %|
|Date||16 413||13,27 %|
|Learning success||9 201||7,44 %|
Based on the data obtained, it can be concluded that the best ways to raise vitality at home are:
- Self-realization.Everyone is unique, everyone has talents that remain banned due to constant fuss. Set aside everything for later: take out watercolor and paper - draw a picture, build a model of a dream house, write a poem, cook some unusual dish.
- Hobby.Undoubtedly will bring pleasure, and you will feel relief.
- Stroll.Answer yourself the question: when was the last time you were in nature? And can you afford to slowly walk along familiar streets or take a walk in the park? You should not look for excuses, referring to the constant employment and bad weather outside the window. Shut down the computer, turn off the phone and go outside. A few hours of peace and tranquility will help to put the thoughts in order, fill the body with vital energy.
- Favorite movie.Go to the cinema for the premiere of a new comedy. Do not forget to capture a couple of fun buddies.Joint viewing will not only raise the mood, but will be an occasion for further discussion of the film in a cozy cafe.
- Dance.Favorite music in combination with crazy dance will help to throw out negative energy. Lack of voice or dance skills is not a reason for failure. Just try it - you will love it!
- Meditation.The technique of meditation is quite simple: no strangers, a relaxed state and the desire to get rid of all thoughts from the head - these are the main components for a successful dive session into yourself.
- Beauty salon or spa.Surprisingly, this method has an effective effect not only on women. Some men also do not mind relaxing in the Turkish sauna or on stone therapy. Here the main rule is a good master whom you can completely trust.
- Communication with animals.It has long been known that pets, like no other, help relieve tension and improve mood. Go for a walk with the dog, play frisbee. Pet the cat, talk to the parrot. If you do not have pets, you can go with children to the dolphinarium, contact zoo. So you not only digress from obsessive thoughts, but also give a holiday to the child.
- Noble act.Visit an animal shelter or an orphanage. All problems will instantly cease to seem intractable. With each cell of the body, you can feel the pain of abandoned pets or children left without parental caress and care. After visiting such institutions there is an instant revaluation of values.
- Yes, you did not think! This is an excellent antidepressant. Even one hour of deep sleep will help you feel renewed, feel a surge of new vitality.
The fastest way to cheer up
It is not always possible to devote yourself a few hours of precious time. What to do in such a situation, how quickly and for a long time to cheer yourself up?
Here are some quick, but effective ways. Choose one of them and start implementation immediately!
- Call the person who listens.Support of loved ones is priceless. Try to surround yourself with only true, reliable friends and your mood will always be on a positive wave.
- Physical activity.Change the type of activity, disperse blood through the vessels helps to escape from the current tasks and "cleanse" the head. Even after a five-minute warm-up, fresh ideas will come to mind, and you can look at the problem from a different angle, make a decision.
- Break for lunch.Sometimes it's worth pampering yourself with something delicious. This is a great mood enhancer. The main thing - to comply with the measure and not to get involved in eating sweets. This applies to women who love to “jam” stress, which adds another problem - obesity.
- Favorite song.One touch of a button can dissolve the mind in a stream of music, leaving any problems behind.
- Dreams.Move your thoughts for a few minutes to where it’s good, where you are appreciated and waiting. This may be your favorite place to relax or weekly gatherings with your family.
- Mirror smile.Such an idea may seem strange, but believe me - literally a couple of minutes of sincere smile and you will not be able to hold back the laughter.
- Plan to solve the problem.To live in constant negativity and to fall on relatives is not the best option. Take a pen and clean paper, start by points to paint all possible solutions.
Tips of psychologists and doctors
In no case do not succumb to the tricks of bad mood - this is the most important and basic recommendation that all doctors give. Most people, as soon as they become discouraged, immediately drop their hands and go with the flow. So in no case be impossible!
At the first symptoms of worsening mood, immediately take the necessary measures. Based on your temperament, lifestyle and interests, choose the most suitable optimization option. Experts identify the following groups of methods:ActivePassive
- Physical activity.Energetic natures of psychologists advise to move more. This can be jogging, cycling, swimming pool.
- Cleaning the house.A great method to “kill two birds with one stone”. Experts believe that at the subconscious level a person is affected by disorder. Bardak in things interferes with an end to the confusion in his head. As the apartment is filled with cleanliness and comfort, the mood will start to rise.Therefore, take a rag and resolutely proceed to clear the dwelling.
- Notebook of success.Record ten daily tasks that you have done today. An excellent method to increase self-esteem and gain self-confidence. The lack of good mood of many is due to the fact that they do nothing: only the routine is “work-home”. Completing the diary, you will not be able to be lazy and postpone matters until later.
- Words of gratitude.Thank yourself for what you have done for this day, friends for any, even the most insignificant, help, life for what it is, parents for raising and giving education.
- No negative information.Stop watching TV, read the yellow press and listen to gossip envious.
- Active lifestyle.Regular exercise stimulates the production of happiness hormones, which elevate mood and energize for a long time.
Calm introverts experts recommend:
- Often indulge in dreams.A cozy atmosphere in the walls of your home will help to relax and feel calm. To do this, arrange and light the candles, add a couple of drops of aroma oil, turn on the soft pleasant music, sit comfortably on your favorite couch and just dream.
- Take a warm bath.All the above technique can be applied here. Sea salt, essential oils fill the air with the aroma of appeasement and complete relaxation.
- Read books.Choosing a work, carefully read the author and choose someone who could achieve something in life. Only in this case, the mind will get the really necessary information that will help to cope with depression and fatigue.
In addition, absolutely every person doctors recommend not to forget to strengthen the immune system, eat right and regularly take a complex of vitamins.
Should I take antidepressants?
Use of medicines is allowed only when all of the above methods do not work. In this case, there is a possibility that a bad mood has become depressed. The choice of medicines should be made only on the recommendation of a doctor, after setting the right diagnosis.
To date, three types of antidepressants have been registered:
- Sedative action (calm, relieve anxiety).
- Balanced impact (wagons).
- With an activating effect (effective in combating apathy and lethargy).
Most of them start to act almost instantly. However, it is worth considering the side effects of each individual remedy:
- Disruption of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Renal failure.
Before self-treatment, make an appointment with a doctor. Perhaps a competent specialist will help to look at the problem from a different angle, will push for the correct solution.
There are no hopeless situations in life, says popular wisdom. Whatever happens, you should not give up and be disappointed in people. It depends only on us: go with the flow or fight to the end. Try to close access to negative emotions, fill with paints gray, dull days. Surround yourself with only positive, reliable people who strive for success. They will give support at the right moment and help together to come to the cherished goal.