How to draw a chair?
Sometimes drawing furniture is much more difficult than representatives of flora or fauna, which have smooth lines. Furniture items require strict proportions. If you understand the principle of building a chair, you can depict a chair of any design. So, how to draw a chair with a pencil?
- We draw a rhombus in the center of the sheet (according to the size of the future seat). Now from each vertex of the rhombus draw vertical lines parallel to each other. They should move up and down at the same distance. The height of these lines should be similar to the diagonal of the rhombus. According to the points that you received, you need to finish drawing a diamond at the top and bottom. All three diamonds must be in parallel planes.
- We choose which side we should have the back of the chair. Mark the back of the chair with a pencil so that it fits between the upper and middle lozenge. The shape of the back you can give any (rectangular, rounded, etc.) with any pattern. The main thing that the lines were parallel to the lines of the base.
- Draw the legs of the chair and seat. Give them a volume.The legs of the chair should be knotted down a little, keeping proportions. Smooth outlines of the seat. You can finish the spacer under the seat so that it is in a parallel plane with it.
- Delete the eraser with an eraser.
- If desired, you can shade some details of the image. To do this, imagine that the light falls on one side and apply hatching on the details that should be in the shade. This will add extra volume to the image.
Now you know how to draw a chair. The main thing in the image is the pieces of furniture. Practice and you can make any drawing.