How to flash Samsung Galaxy Ace?
Watch the video
Many smartphone owners are faced with the need to flash their phone. The firmware is being executed in order to upgrade (change) the old software to a newer one or in case you have any serious problems with the operating system installed on the smartphone. In this article we will explain how to flash samsung galaxy ace using detailed instructions.
Instructions on firmware
Attention! Before installing the new firmware, make sure that the phone battery is at least half charged.
First determine the type of firmware you want to install. Users of samsung galaxy ace smartphones have the opportunity to install on their phone official firmware from Samsung or unofficial firmware Cyanogenmod 11, OmniROM and AOKP. Below is a guide to install the official firmware:
- Download and install the program on your computer.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Create a backup of the system.
- Run the Kies program. The program itself will offer options suitable for your device firmware. Select the firmware you need and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Reset the device before using the new software.
- Also, the official firmware can be installed using the FOTA technology - “firmware over the air”, with connection to a wi-fi network. To do this: connect to the wi-fi network; create a backup of the system; go to your phone in Menu - Settings - About device - Software update - Update and follow the instructions on the screen; Reset the device before using the new software.
The principles of running firmware from other developers are the same, with the only difference that you have to separately download programs to create a backup of the system, a program for flashing smartphones (for example,) and directly the firmware itself and work with each of them separately.