How to knit reinforcement for the foundation?
Arranging the foundation for your own home, you need to take care of the reinforcing frame, which is made of metal fittings. Usually, reinforcement is constructed in the form of a grid, the elements of which are welded together. Many developers mistakenly think that this method of attachment is the most reliable. Experts also claim that the reinforcement is best tied together by knitting wire.
How to knit reinforcement for the foundation
There are several ways of tying, there are complex, there are simple. For this, various tools are used, from handy to professional. Here is the easiest way to knit reinforcement for the foundation.
- Cut a piece of knitting wire 30 cm long.
- Fold it in half.
- With this piece folded in half, wrap the two armatures, mounted crosswise, diagonally.
- Grab a special crochet hook.
- Thread its end into the loop of the wire.
- Swing loose ends through the loop.
- Twist the hook clockwise until the two valves are fully compressed. It is important not to drag, the wire may burst.
Attention! If smooth reinforcement is used for the foundation, it is best to use a knitting gun or other specialized device as a tool for knitting.
Not all developers know exactly how to reinforce the foundation. Here are some guidelines:
- The binding of the foundation must be carried overlapping reinforcement. The minimum offset size is 25 cm.
- Based on the size and type of reinforcement, the size of the bypass is determined. Especially in those places where pieces of reinforcement are connected.
- Be sure to take into account the brand of cement.
- The operating conditions of the foundation are taken into account.
- The armature is mounted on supports (for example, on bricks) so that it is located in the body of the foundation.
- Flooded concrete is sure to bayonet to let air out of it.
All types of foundations are tied in the same way. Therefore, the technology of how to knit a ribbon base or slab reinforcement is identical.