How to make a bath yourself?
Today on sale you can find a rich variety of baths of various models and shapes. However, someone may need to make a bath on their own, and someone may well have the desire to bring their design ideas to life. How to make a bath yourself, is detailed below.
A simple way to make a bath
This method is suitable, for example, to give. Any large container (box, wooden or plastic box) should be covered with a dense polyethylene material. For these purposes, you can use the film to cover the greenhouses. Bath is ready.
You can also dig a deep hole in the ground and cover it with the same plastic material. The result is an improvised mini-pool.
The following method will require a little more time and effort.
Quick brick bath
- In order to make a more reliable bath, you should take a large deep pan and overlay it with bricks.
- Then follows the walls of the future bath from the brick.
- In order to make a natural drain, a hole in the pan should be brought out with a corrugated pipe into the sewer system of the house.
- The walls of the bath, if desired, can be revetted with ceramic tiles.
Also in the manufacture of baths, you can use metal formwork modules.
Bath of formwork modules
- To begin with, fill the pre-prepared form with concrete.
- After the concrete has dried, coat the bath with a waterproof material: mosaic, tile or waterproof plastic.
As a material for the manufacture of baths, you can use a red refractory brick.
Red brick bath
- To begin with, it is necessary to enclose the form with bricks, using ceresite, a waterproof glue, which is usually used in the process of making pools, for bonding.
- After that, in the bath should make two layers of waterproofing material and let them dry.
- To give the bath an aesthetically appealing look, overlay it with a mosaic or other waterproof finishing material.
The following method of making a bath is the most difficult and time consuming, however, as a result you will receive a quality product that can serve you much longer than other homemade counterparts.
- Make a full-size cardboard bathtub model.
- With the help of specialists, weld the metal frame of the bath according to a previously prepared pattern.
- The bowl of the bathroom is made of steel sheets, which can give the shape you need.
- After that, the construction of the frame and steel sheets should be installed at the permanent location of the future bath.
- Then pour moisture-proof concrete into the construction and wait until it dries.
- After that, apply the first layer of waterproofing material and let it dry. Thus, it will be necessary to pour two more layers.
- To check the structure for leakage, the bath should be filled with water and left for one to two days.
- If the leak is not detected, you can proceed to the design decoration of the product.