How to make a reinforced concrete fence post
Apparently, it's time to tell about the aspects of creating a reinforced concrete fence column. Since I have long wanted to do it. And for beginners in the matter of concreting something, it is useful to find out the true technology for creating cement mortar. Why am I saying true? The fact is that, having shoveled (no, not sand with cement) a lot of information sources on cementing, I was faced with an incredible range of opinions, a variety of actions, a range of proportions. It seems to be true. Depending on the grade of cement, the desired grade of concrete, the desired proportions and consistency are chosen. But the authors of many articles did not focus on details. After all, such work is considered dusty, dirty, even uncomfortable. I want to quickly deal with them. What to say about pouring concrete pillars with their own hands? But in all there is a measure, more precisely, a golden mean. And in this article I will tell you,how to create a reinforced concrete pillar design with your own hands with the right cement-sand mortar. After much deliberation, I decided that I would still share calculations regarding the cost of the material. Therefore, those who want to save on the manufacture of concrete columns during the construction of the fence, be sure to read the article to the end. Or they may re-read one more time./2018-07/medium/1531301590_1.jpg "style =" max-width: 100%; " alt="How to make a reinforced concrete pillar for a purge fence by one's own hands">
Tools for filling columns
- Measuring tape.
- Powerful nippers.
- Wrench and screwdriver.
- Manual file or electric jigsaw .
- A sledgehammer and an anvil for straightening an armopoyas.
- A trowel.
- A bucket of 15 liters.
- Measuring tanks.
- For mixing, you need an electric drill with a mixer attachment. It will facilitate the process. After all, twenty-five pillars are not a joke.
Preparatory workFor a successful start, I share the work on preparing the material and manipulating the cement mortar. The procedure is as follows:
- Let's start with the pipe. Mark two parallel longitudinal lines on opposite sides of the pipe. These are cutting lines.
- Use a hand saw or electric jigsaw for cutting.
- Align the two halves,laying one in the other.
- Drill the stud hole exactly in the middle of the pipe.
- Set aside the pipe parts and go to the reinforcement element.
- Measure the length and width of the mesh for reinforcement. Length - this is exactly half of the purchased sheet 1x2 meters. But the width is equal to the perimeter of the pipe, that is, 34 cm. Here, work with the wire cutters.
- Twist the workpiece into a cylinder. There are two ways to sweep: out through with crossbars or inward. Of course, you need to twist out transverse rods. In the opposite embodiment, the halves of the pipe collide with an obstacle when closing the box in the form of longitudinal rods. Bending and twisting the mesh is not a simple matter. Use gloves, natural stops and pliers. Be attentive and careful. The grid is bent gradually. Observance of the exact size of 34 cm will save unnecessary actions in the future.
- After twisting, beat off the irregularities with a sledgehammer.
- Try on the armored belt in the two halves of the pipe.
- Fix the inaccuracies of closing with a sledge hammer by disassembling the structure.
- Cut the punched tape into three equal lengths.
- Make clamps of them.
- An additional element, which is required is a disk from plywood with two short bolts. It is needed as a bottom.And bolts are necessary for forming holes for future fastenings of transverse fence bars. The diameter of the bottom should be exactly the same as the diameter of the sealing ring sewer pipe. The place of the seal, it is also the place of docking of the pipes, differs in the socket.
- Lay the grid into the pipe.
- Place a plywood disk instead of a compactor.
- Secure the clamps at an even distance.
- Pass the pin through the holes.
- Center the line of bolts on the bottom and the protruding ends of the stud. These points are the fixing points of the fence.
- Tighten the bolted joints.
- Glue the two side lines with adhesive tape.
Pouring the column with your own handsCement manufacturers recommend kneading the solution at a temperature not lower than +20 degrees. I adhered to this value. I think , it is optimal. The proportional composition described above will not be repeated, but I will draw your attention to the second important point - the order of mixing. The fact is that liquid glass reacts with water. Do you say what reaction? I answer: it dissolves.
- Water, preferably warm (+20 degrees), is filled with liquid go to the glass. Then it is stirred.
- The cement is measured and poured in. It should be thoroughly stirred. After two minutes it will swell.
- Then, sand is added in equal portions I mixed it with a homemade mixer, put it on a drill. A four-blade mixer was made from the same stud and punched tape. Plus four nuts.
- Know that by adding water while making sand to make it easier to mix, you break the integrity of the bond of glass and cement. And this is a disadvantage in the future. However, the minimum amount of water at the end of mixing is sometimes necessary.
ConclusionIn conclusion, it is worth noting that many inexperienced householders and even workers disregard the calculation regarding pouring concrete. In my experience, I have shown that in this matter, cost savings are not in last place. In addition to 13,080 rubles spent on wood, pouring 25 pillars cost 2,975 rubles. Performance 1 pillar / day will provide you with a daily two-hour work for about a month. Although the installation and casting can be laid in 1.5 hours. And these are already questions of experience, consisting of acquired skills and knowledge.
Small calculations and why do you need a concrete column?Imagine that you need a fence.Let it be a small purge fence of racks or a bit more massive - from a board with end dimensions of 100x20 mm. Quite normal fence. You're not one of those who hides their infield from their neighbors behind a profiled sheet of iron? I agree that iron is durable. But nature must breathe. Your land is no exception. Let's say you counted the cubature of the boards. The amount is not small. And the overwhelming number of private homeowners want to save money. I will describe the first calculation based on the meter height of the fence on a plot of 7 acres:
- The length of one side of the plot is about 25 meters.
- The board used is at the end 100x20 mm.
- The interval between the boards in the fence is 100 mm.
- 5 boards are required per meter of fence length.
- 125 meters are required for 25 meters length boards.
- 8 pieces are required per side.
- For the entire perimeter 24.
- Plus 1 on the gate.
- Creating a reliable support.
- A natural combination of materials.
- Good design. After all, a pillar is easily painted in the same color as a tree.
- Saving for zero losses.
- The ease and simplicity of filling meter-high columns, unlike larger samples heights. But more on that further.
Required materials and calculation of a concrete columnHaving decided on the quantity, and we have 25 of them, we turn to the calculation of materials of manufacture. We will need:
- - Sewer pipe.
- - Punched tape.
- - Hardware group.
- - Steel welded wire mesh.
- - Cement.
- - Sand.
- - Water.
- - Additive.
Calculation of concrete for a columnSand, water, I do not take into account the cost, because it is a common building material. But together with cement and a water-repellent additive, an exact volume calculation is required. After all, you want to save. So buy the optimal amount of bags of cement and the volume of liquid glass, which I recommend as an additive. By the way, in 1 liter of liquid glass 1.5 kg of weight. So, the calculation of the mixture. We need to fill a volume of 9.5 liters. But his weight is not 9.5 kg, but, naturally, more. This is explained by the characteristics of the materials:
- Concrete: - The brand of concrete we need, B15 (M200). This brand of concrete is used for foundations and columns. What we need. - Liquid concrete.In the characteristics it is indicated by the letter P and a number. The liquid mixture has the great advantages of air exhaust. Its easier to fill. But then more cement is required and the frost resistance rate becomes lower. Therefore, we take the consistency of P3, similar to the porridge of the average liquid. - Cement brand. To not speak for a long time, I use the M400. If you take the M300, then you need more. If M500, then, accordingly, less. In fact, the ratio of 1: 4 is enough. But we do not stop there. - The bulk density of cement. Just weigh a liter of cement. The resulting weight divided by volume. Then multiply by a thousand. The average figure is 1,300 kg / m3. The cost of a bag of cement weighing 50 kg is 325 rubles. The following characteristics are available in the factory: - Frost resistance. The optimal indicator is F150. That is, the column will withstand 150 freezing cycles. You will say that this is not enough. Wait. If you properly do the drainage, the pillar will not get wet and absorb water. Accordingly, the destruction will be delayed for a long time. - Water resistance. Here, the indicator is above the average W8. But who knows what there is with a primer in the spring? - Smoothness of the surface. To add smoothness, add more sand. This also applies to thick reinforcement.Such a solution is easier to penetrate between the valves. - Safety factor. Very complicated stuff. In short, when accurate calculations take a small margin of safety. And it starts with 7%. If the proportions are measured by eye, you should take the upper limit of the stock of 41%. Durability depends on it. We will strive for the smallest coefficient of variation. That is, we will try every time to prepare the same solution. Therefore, we take the value of the safety margin of 9%.
- Additive: - I use liquid glass in the ratio of one percent of the volume of the column. Of course, they take more. More expensive plasticizers apply. But we save. One percent of 9.5 liters is 95 milliliters. But it is easier to take 100 ml by dividing a liter capacity into 10 equal parts. This means that 25 pillars will require 2.5 liters of liquid glass. One liter bucket costs 85 rubles. In total for three it turns out 255 rubles. If you are undertaking large-scale construction with the use of liquid glass, you need to take a container of 20 or more liters. Since it is cheaper twice.
- Sand: - Voidness of sand. It is calculated simply. We need to take a bucket of sand and the same volume of water. Pour water into the sand to the brim. And then the formula. How much water is left, divide by the capacity of the bucket. Multiply by 100%.I got 6 l / 15 l * 100% = 40%. - The humidity of the sand. If you have wet sand, you need to calculate the percentage. On this depends the amount of water and further costs. Take 1 kg of raw sand. Dry it. Then weigh it. The formula is as follows: from the weight of wet sand subtract the weight of dry and the second action divided by the weight of wet. An approximate value of 5%. - Smoothness of grains. Close to practical action indicator. The sand from the river is smooth. Kneading with less water is easy. But the disadvantage of such concrete is low strength. Using sand from a quarry with sharp edges will eliminate the problem.
Final resultsThe final proportions and volume, experimentally verified, are as follows:
- Cement 1 part - 4.5 liters.
- Sand 2.2 parts - 9.7 liters.
- Water 0.6 parts - 2,77 l.
- Liquid glass 0.01 part - 100 ml.
- In terms of kilograms, other figures are obtained:
- Cement 1 part - 5,85 kg.
- Sand 2.2 parts - 12.65 kg.
- Water 0.5 parts - 2.77 kg.
- Liquid glass 0.015 parts - 0.15 kg.
- Liquid glass, as mentioned, is 2.5 liters. That is, you need to buy cans.
- Sand 316 kg or 0.242 m3.
- Water 69.25 liters.
- Cement 146 kg. We divide by 50. We get almost three bags of cement with a total cost of 975 rubles.