How to Make a Skinny Burrito Pie Casserole
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 3/4 cup | Calories: 396 | Total Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 1269mg | Carbohydrates: 45g | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 9g | Protein: 25g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced small
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can no-sugar added red enchilada sauce
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup fat-free shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground turkey, breaking the turkey in to small pieces as it cooks. About half way through cooking, add the garlic, onion, pepper, black beans, corn, chili powder, and cumin. Continue to cook until onions and peppers are soft and the turkey is cooked through. Drain off any excess liquid.
- Pour about half of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of the casserole dish and place two of the tortillas into the bottom on top of the sauce. It's ok if the tortillas overlap. Spoon half of the meat mixture on top of the tortillas and pour half of the remaining enchilada sauce on top sprinkle with half the cheese. Place the last two tortillas on top and repeat the process. Ending with the cheese.
- Back for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Let set for 5 minutes before serving.
Video: Skinny Burrito Pie Casserole
How to Play by Ear
How to Prepare a Personal Finance Statement
Win A Pair Of Saltspin Jeans Worth 180 With McFridayTreat
Crunchy Kale Chips
What It Means to Be Fully Alive
Monica Cruz for Agent Provocateur FallWinter 2012-2013 Lingerie Campaign
What’s the Best Diet for Psoriasis
Galapágos Islands Ecuador
How to Respond to Your Spouses Affair
The Real Reason Youre Always Cold