How to make juice?
Morse is an original Russian drink, indispensable on hot summer days. It is simply not serious to compare real home fruit juice with “Fanta”, “Pepsi-Cola” and store juices, even compote boiled from fresh fruit is significantly inferior to its taste and content of trace elements. The main difference of fruit drinks from all these drinks is that it is based on natural freshly squeezed juice, which is not subjected to boiling. Due to this, not only the aroma and taste of fresh berries are preserved in morse, but also all those vitamins and beneficial substances that they contain.
How to make fruit drink at home
General cooking rules
Classic juice is made from berry or fruit juice, which is diluted with a weakly concentrated sugar syrup. Previously, to obtain juice, berries or fruits were pre-crushed, then juice was squeezed out of them through gauze or rare cloth. If you decide to use this method, do not forget to boil the cloth beforehand. This must be done in order to squeeze the juice through it later did not ferment.It is much more convenient and hygienic to squeeze the juice using a juicer. For the preparation of fruit drink, only dishes made from materials not susceptible to oxidation are used.
How to make juice from strawberries
To make strawberry juice you will need:
- strawberries - one and a half kilograms;
- water - one liter;
- granulated sugar - half a cup;
- red currant juice - half a cup or lemon juice - two tablespoons (these components are not obligatory, you need to add one of them to fruit drinks only if you like sour drinks).
- Sort out the strawberries, tear them from the berries of the sepals, immerse the berries in a bowl of water. After one or two minutes, when the grains of sand and other debris stuck to the berries settle to the bottom, put the strawberries in a colander by hand, rinse it under running water. Let the water flow and dry the berries on a paper kitchen towel to dry.
- Mash strawberries with a wooden pestle in a glass bowl (or pass it through a juicer).
- Pour the juice into a cleanly washed dry glass jar.
- Pour the berries from the berries, bring the water to a boil, add sugar and boil the broth for a few minutes, removing the foam that forms from above.
- Strain the hot broth through a stainless steel strainer, mix it with strawberry juice and, if desired, add lemon or currant juice to the juice.
- Cool the prepared juice well in the refrigerator, pour it into a glass jug and add a piece of food ice to it.
How to cook cherry juice
For its preparation you will need:
- two glasses of ripe juicy cherries;
- half a cup of sugar;
- liter of water.
- Wash the cherries, dry them and remove the bones from them with a special device. Do not throw stones away!
- Cherries crush wooden pestle and squeeze the juice out of them. Pour the cherry juice in a jar and put it in the refrigerator for a while.
- Put the remaining cake in a saucepan, add sugar to it and pour water into the pan. Put it on fire and wait for the water to boil.
- Further, if you want to get juice with a pronounced cherry aroma and taste, add cherries to the decoction.
- Boil this mixture over low heat for about ten minutes, then strain it and put on cooling.
- Mix the cooled broth with cold cherry juice and pour the prepared juice into a jug.
How to cook apple juice
- Cook the syrup from a liter of water and ½ cup of sugar. Cool it down.
- In the meantime, squeeze the juice from six large sour apples. Mix apple juice with the cooled syrup.
- The main highlight of this fruit drink is its aromatization. At the end of cooking, add a pinch of cinnamon, which, together with apples, forms a classic flavor combination.