How to photograph a wedding?
Wedding photography is a separate genre in photo art, and, well paid. How to photograph a wedding? Many photographers sooner or later come to this issue. Among wedding photographers, the competition is high, as is the responsibility that you have for clients. After all, you were elected to capture one of the most important days in the life of two people in love.
Most of the points you will not be able to retake, therefore you must be 100% sure of your abilities. For a start, you can practice shooting weddings as a main photographer, and of course, it’s free.
If you have wondered how to photograph a wedding, you just have to have certain skills:
- various options for portrait shooting, including group photography, in this type of shooting you just have to be a guru;
- reporting shooting, and the ability to capture the plot without interfering with it;
- photo retouching.
How to photograph a wedding: the nuances
It is very important to understand that you will have to shoot not only in the photo session mode, but also in the reporting mode, you need to have time to capture all the highlights of the wedding day:
- Fees bride.
- The appearance of the groom and the ransom.
- Wedding ceremony in the registry office. Often there are “local” photographers in these establishments, but you shouldn’t refuse to take pictures at the registry office, you must first familiarize yourself with the room and its conditions.
- Wedding - get ready to shoot in difficult conditions.
- Walk guests and honeymooners on the sights.
- Be sure to include a romantic shooting of the newlyweds in private.
- A restaurant.
- You can offer the newlyweds to take pictures in the bridal suite.
At each stage there are moments that you have no right to miss: meeting the bride with the bridegroom, exchanging rings, exiting their registry office, the appearance of the newlyweds in a restaurant, for this you need to be aware of the wedding scenario and ritual features in the country of shooting.
Tips: how to photograph a wedding
- A very important point is the technique that you will use for shooting, the lenses must be high-aperture, an external flash, reflectors and other gadgets that you will need for the implementation of ideas are mandatory.In addition, it is better to have at least 2 cameras so that you do not have to change lenses and do not miss any moments.
- Think over the script for taking pictures of the newlyweds, staging poses, choose places for shooting.
- Pay attention and guests, attract them to the staged photo.
- To the maximum, use moments in which you can make a staged photo, in addition, do not miss shooting wedding lotions: rings, glasses of newlyweds ...
- If the newlyweds fail to pose, do not force them, ask to be natural, and continue to work.