How to sculpt mastic?
Watch the video
Cakes with mastic are very popular. You can make any decorations from this material: various flowers, figurines of characters from your favorite cartoons, as well as people, birds and animals. These cakes look very beautiful, bright and want to eat them. Today we will learn how to sculpt mastic.
For making mastic you need various tools:
- Rolling pin - it will be required for rolling mastic.
- Pizza cutter - it is needed to cut off the unwanted edges of the mastic.
- Wide brush - it is needed to remove sugar from mastic.
- Iron - this tool is needed for the perfect alignment of the cake, covered with mastic.
- Plastic and metal molds - they are needed for cutting various decorations from mastic.
- Plunger notches - they allow you not only to cut the figure, but also immediately put a picture on it.
- Special mats for drying mastic products.
- Food colors, food markers, edible beads and straziki.
Mastic can be dairy, gelatinous, and also mastic from marshmallows.
- 150 grams of milk powder;
- 150 grams of powdered sugar;
- 200 g of condensed milk.
- Mix powder and powdered milk.
- Add condensed milk. Knead until smooth.
- Then you can add food coloring.
- 50 ml of water;
- 500 grams of powdered sugar;
- 10 g of gelatin.
- Gelatin pour water and leave for forty minutes.
- Then bring it to a boil and add half of the powder.
- Next, remove the mastic from the heat and begin to gradually add the rest of the powder. Knead well.
- Then you can add a dye. To do this, dip the toothpick into the dye and poke the mastic in several places. And then knead.
Mastic from marshmallow (chewing marshmallow)
- 200 g of marshmallow;
- 400 g of powder;
- 2 tablespoons butter.
- Marshmallow and butter put in the microwave for twenty seconds.
- Then gradually add powder and knead the mastic well.
Read more about making mastic in the article How to make homemade mastic.
Now you know how to make different mastic. And now we will learn how to sculpt figurines from mastic.
Cooking dairy mastic.Next, proceed to modeling.
- First we make an elongated oval from white mastic - this is the head.
- With a pair of scissors we make a big cut on one side of the oval - these are hare ears.
- Pull the muzzle hare. Glaze draw eyes and nose.
- Then sculpt the body - a long oval. And do legs. The front ones are two sausages, and the back ones are two balls. Sticking with the help of water head and paws to the body.
- Now we make a small ball - a tail, and also glue it to the body.
- It remains to blind carrots of orange mastic and lay it next to the hare.
Making milk mastic. We begin to sculpt the bear.
- First we form a long barrel of mastic - this is the body.
- Then we make a ball - this is the head. Pull out your ears a little and make them round.
- Muzzle slightly pulling. Eyes and nose draw glaze.
- Making paws - short and thick sausages.
- Paws and head sticking to the body.
Here is the bear and ready.