How to treat bronchitis at home?
Constantine the Great
July 21, 2011
Bronchitis is an inflammatory disease, the main symptom of which is a strong cough.
How to treat bronchitis at home, without the help of doctors:
- Bed rest - with a lot of activity, the cough may increase, and even when going outside, all the more. Keep the patient calm.
- Plentiful drink and vitamins - foods should be warm, so as not to cause irritation and not to intensify the inflammatory processes. Well suited cranberry or lingonberry juice, as they contain a lot of vitamin C, which will help strengthen the immune system and fight infection.
- Warming up - warm with bronchitis chest and upper back. It can be mustard plasters, jars or salt warmers.
- Medications - these can be antipyretic at a temperature (paracetamol), anti-inflammatory (aspirin) and expectorant against cough (syrups, tablets, herbal extracts, for example, plantain) and sputum thinners. For sore throat, you can use rinsing or anti-inflammatory sprays.
- Inhalation - warm steam inhalation, ease breathing. For inhalation add to the pot with boiling water, you can add eucalyptus, menthol or propolis and cover yourself with a towel to breathe in steam (wait until it is not very hot, otherwise you risk getting burns of the mucous membrane).