Interesting and exciting Gelendzhik
Gelendzhik is a resort city on the Black Sea coast. It will certainly surprise you, especially if you know in advance which places to visit first.
What is this city?
Gelendzhik is a resort city located in the Krasnodar Territory of Russia, namely on the Black Sea coast of the Caucasus. Since 2001, it has been recognized as a federal resort, and this is not surprising, since thousands of tourists come here every summer.
It is located at the foot of the western part of the Markoth Ridge and occupies almost the entire coast of the Gelendzhik Bay of the Black Sea. The entrance to this bay is about 1 nautical mile and lies between two prominent promontories: Tolstoy and Thin. The population is small and is only about 70 thousand people.
The climate of Gelendzhik is very unusual, as it is a mixture of mountain and sea. It's pretty dry here, which is amazing for a seaside resort. At the same time there are a lot of sunny days, and their greatest number falls on the period from the beginning of spring to the middle of autumn.
The winter is rather mild, the frosts are mild and are quite rare, and it rains much more often at this time of year. The temperature usually ranges from 3-10 degrees above 0. And the summer is not hot and not very wet, so there is very, very comfortable. In this period, the temperature usually rises to 24-26 degrees. But sometimes the weather is badly spoiled by the cold and strong winds of the northeast.
By the way, the location on the sea has a special effect on the climate. In the summer, it gives coolness, but in the cold season, on the contrary, it protects against lower temperatures.
Nature and Relief
The nature of Gelendzhik is unique, but due to the climate, it is somewhat different from the nature of other southern cities. For example, there are no palm trees. Forests occupy about 80% of the entire resort area of the city, and the composition of the flora is diverse and unique, it includes more than 1000 herbaceous plants and over 160 species of trees.
Among them are found such as Pitsundsky, Eldar and Crimean pines, Colchian iglitsa, dog rose, hawthorn, turn. The fauna is also quite rich. In the forests you can find roes, raccoons, bears, deer, lynx, wolves.There are also a lot of birds here: golds, jays, turtle doves, hoopoes. There are gulls, loons, pelicans and swans. In the wild, you can see reptiles and amphibians. In coastal waters there are a lot of invertebrates, fish, dolphins.
As for the relief, almost the entire territory of the city is occupied by mountainous areas, and this is clearly seen even in the photo. Markoth Ridge belongs to the Caucasus Mountains. And sometimes the slopes are in the coastal zone, so in some places the coast is steep and rocky. These areas consist of layers of limestone, marl, sandstone and clay.
On the territory of many rivers. They originate in the mountain tops, from small streams turn into rivers and carry their waters into the Black Sea. And they feed on rain and groundwater.
How to get there?
The most convenient way to get to Gelendzhik is through the sky, that is, by plane. Not so long ago, an airport appeared on the territory of the city, and flights are carried out from many large cities. From here to the city center or any of its district can be reached by bus or taxi.
The second and more difficult option - a trip by train. But it is worth remembering that there is no train station in the city, so you will have to get first to Novorossiysk, and from it by taxi or bus directly to Gelendzhik (journey time will be about an hour).
Where to stay?
In Gelendzhik there are hotels, and very comfortable. Also in the city there are a lot of guest houses, boarding houses, sanatoriums, hotels. For budget travelers open their doors hostels. And many residents rent private houses, apartments and rooms.
What's so interesting?
What you can see on holiday in Gelendzhik?
- Dolmens. There are a lot of them here, and each of them is mysterious and deserves attention. It is still unknown when these mini-houses made of monolithic stone slabs with small round holes appeared. No one knows who built them and why.
- Gallery "White Horse". What's so interesting? At least the fact that all the exhibits of this gallery are mere pennies, because they are made from waste, for example, from plastic bottles, bags.
- Gelendzhik Local History Museum recently celebrated its centenary. And in the history of its existence, he has seen a lot.
- Listing the sights can be attributed to them the city embankment. It's very beautiful here.
- "Safari Park". It does not look like an ordinary zoo, because animals are kept in comfortable conditions. And some can touch, pet and feed.
- Not so far from Gelendzhik you can see the rock "Sail", which really looks like a sail.
- Old park. It is located in Kabardinka and is the first architectural park on the entire Black Sea coast.
- Amusement park "Olympus". This is indeed almost Olympus, as the park is located on the top of the mountain. And here is the Ferris wheel. Just imagine what the view opens from it!
- Waterfalls There are a lot of them in Gelendzhik, and some are located in pristine places untouched by man. For example, a stunning cascade can be seen on the Pshada River. But to get to this corner is not easy.
- Spring "Natasha" - an ideal place for lovers and newlyweds.
Like any other resort city, Gelendzhik attracts, first of all, with its beaches. And there are a lot of them. The coastline is about 100 kilometers. It is noteworthy that in Gelendzhik there are both sanitized and well-groomed beaches with sand or small pebbles, as well as more “wild” ones, covered with rather large and sharp stones.
In the central part is the central city beach, it is created by human hands and covered with sand, so that families with children enjoy going to it. Directly in Gelendzhik Bay pebbly beaches with a moderate slope prevail.
In the Blue Bay and Kabardinka there are both small pebble and sandy beaches, and the bottom is quite flat, so these places are ideal for rest of the youngest tourists. Until Dzhanhota coast mostly rocky, but in Divnomorskoe you can find quite suitable places for swimming. By the way, among the advantages one can note the relative calm of the sea and the absence of large waves and serious disturbances. And this is due to the fact that the bay has the shape of a horseshoe.
Other leisure options
What to do in Gelendzhik, in addition to relaxing on the beach and swimming in the sea water? Variants weight:
- Exciting excursions to beautiful and even mysterious places.
- Almost all types of water sports are available: diving, surfing, water skiing, kite surfing, parasailing, and so on.
- Numerous water and beach rides such as Banana, Cheesecake (“Tablet”),
- You can just walk along the waterfront. By the way, it is considered one of the longest and most beautiful in Russia, so it is perfectly suitable for hiking.
- Be sure to take a ride on the cable car, it is quite extreme (the booths are open) and fascinating, because here you can enjoy stunning views.
- Be sure to visit one of the three water parks. "Golden Bay" is the largest in the area and throughout the Krasnodar Territory.
- Go to the dolphinarium, not only children, but also adults will enjoy it.
- For fans of speed and extreme, a lot of new impressions will be presented by "jumping" - a jeep ride on the mountainous terrain.
- You can climb the mountain. From this height, Gelendzhik will open in front of you from the new side.
- Be sure to go for a trip on a boat or yacht. Exit to the open sea will give you the most pleasant emotions!
- Visit one of the local cafes, go to a bar or a nightclub.
- You can enjoy fishing.
Now you can definitely enjoy your holiday in Gelendzhik and make it safe and memorable.