Is angina terrible during pregnancy?
Angina is considered a common disease among schoolchildren and adolescents. But this serious infectious disease can be picked up at the most inopportune moment. A sore throat is especially dangerous during pregnancy in the first trimester, since the mother's body already feels a weakened immune system, and the fetus is completely dependent on the state of her body. At the first symptoms of infection, you should immediately consult a doctor to find out the exact diagnosis and get the correct treatment.
The main symptoms are:
- high temperature (38-40) degrees;
- severe sore throat, inability to swallow freely;
- red and inflamed tonsils;
- pain in the ears and enlarged lymph nodes;
- white purulent spots on the tonsils.
A little less often in pregnant women, these symptoms are accompanied by additional signs:
- nausea and vomiting;
- abdominal pain;
- white bloom on the tongue and unpleasant taste and smell from the mouth;
- pain when opening mouth and voice changes.
The disease can develop without a sudden increase in temperature. But a woman should still pay attention to the warning signs in order not to harm either herself or the baby. As we have said, the first trimester is especially dangerous, but in the second trimester, despite the fact that the child is less dependent on the mother, you should not neglect the correct treatment.
How and what to treat angina during pregnancy
Antibiotics will help to cope with the disease best of all, but it is undesirable to take them as you please. The doctor knows best which drugs can effectively affect the bacteria in the throat and not harm the baby. Most often with pain, a Bioparox spray is prescribed. Oral inhalation of the drug every four hours has a local effect on the source of infection (tonsils). You can also take Flemoksin and Spizef, as their use, in contrast to Sumamed and Ampicillin minimizes the risk to the child.
It is also recommended to take herbal medicines in pills. When the tonsils hurt, they affect the bacteria in the throat for a long time during the resorption process.
Based on natural herbs:
You can also use Neo angina and Lizobact, but only a doctor can advise on the amount of these drugs.
When the follicular sore throat (the initial stage of the purulent process on the tonsils), when small white dots with pus appear in the throat, to the above treatment you must add herbal gargle for throat and inhalation. Most likely, the doctor will advise you to wipe the tonsils with peroxide or a herbal solution.
Folk remedies are also very effective, however, they will not help to finally cope with the main source of the disease, and can only complement the main course of treatment.
- Warming compresses on the throat (for example, alcohol and water in a ratio of 1: 3).
- Herbal decoctions (sage, chamomile, elder, clove, eucalyptus tincture).
Several recipes for treating sore throats
A tablespoon of sage pour a glass of boiling water. Let it brew for one hour, then cook on a small fire for another 30 minutes. Take half a glass 15 minutes before meals.
A tablespoon of chamomile pour boiling water and insist 30 minutes. After that, add a spoon of honey and a little lemon juice and drink throughout the day as an ordinary tea.
Dangerous effects of angina during pregnancy
Improper treatment of angina is threatened with consequences in any case. But pregnant women need to remember that they are responsible not only for their health, but also for the unborn child. Therefore, when deciding whether to seek help from a doctor or not, review the list of dangerous consequences that may result from your unwillingness to involve doctors:
- pneumonia with disruption of the heart and lungs
- kidney inflammation
- rheumatism with subsequent complications in the work of the heart muscle
- intoxication of the fetus. At elevated body temperature of the mother, the baby lacks oxygen and nutrition. At best, the baby will slow down in its development, and at worst, the placenta may exfoliate and the baby will be born prematurely.
- negative impact on the nervous system and mental abilities of the child
- full fetal extinction.