Is it possible to sunbathe pregnant?
The onset of pregnancy fundamentally changes the life of any woman, whether she wants to or not. However, the desire to be in shape and look beautiful remains unchanged, no matter what. One of the time-tested ways of keeping fit and body beauty is a beach holiday.
Many articles have been written about the benefits of tanning. Experts talk about the beneficial effects of sunburn on mood, about increasing the production of hormones and vitamin D under the influence of the sun, about normalizing blood circulation, etc. Everyone remembers the positive effects of tanning. Is it possible to sunbathe pregnant? This question is especially relevant if you want to sunbathe in the first two thirds of pregnancy.
Ideally, of course, it is better to consult a doctor who observes your pregnancy, because there are some nuances of pregnancy that only your doctor can know about. If you have no contraindications, then, as they say, long live the sun!
The future mother, as a rule, can sunbathe, however, you need to remember and follow a few basic rules:
- It is better to start sunbathing gradually, gradually increasing the time spent on the beach.
- Try not to fall on the beach from about 10 to 17 o'clock or be at this time strictly in the shade.
- Use photoprotective creams. And the darker your skin is, the smaller you can choose a cream. Do not forget to smear the cream in time after bathing and after every 2-3 hours of exposure to the sun (depending on the degree of sweating).
- Do not sleep on the beach.
- Do not overheat.
- Observe adequate drinking regime (do not forget to drink).
- Wear sunglasses, hats.
Can a pregnant woman sunbathe in a solarium? In principle, here it is desirable to be guided by the same principles, that is, to sunbathe in moderation and with additional photoprotection. However, most doctors still recommend to refrain from visiting the solarium during pregnancy due to the possible weakening of the immune system, the appearance of pigment spots, the threat of miscarriage. Solarium - the invention is not so old, so sufficient research has not been conducted.