Pork Crown Roast with Apple-Pear Stuffing and Cranberry Sauce
1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
pork rib crown roast
3/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. fennel seeds
medium red onions
1 tsp. freshly grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In small bowl, combine rosemary, 2 teaspoons salt, and 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper. Rub mixture all over pork on 18- by 12-inch jelly-roll pan. Roast 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 4-quart saucepan, combine cranberries, port, sugar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds. Heat to boiling on medium-high, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until cranberries just begin to pop. Remove from heat. With ladle, transfer 1/2 cup liquid from sauce to small bowl. In large bowl, toss pears, apples, onions, lemon peel, 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper to combine.
- Reset oven control to 375 degrees F. Roast pork 35 minutes longer. Carefully transfer pear mixture to pan in even layer around pork, turning to coat with pan juices. Brush reserved liquid from cranberry sauce all over pork. Roast 10 to 45 minutes longer or until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of pork (not touching bone) registers 145 degrees F.
- Transfer roast to serving platter. With slotted spoon, mound pear mixture in center of roast (place any that remains in serving bowl) and arrange some cranberries from sauce on top of pear mixture. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Strain pan drippings into fat separator or medium bowl. Let drippings stand 1 minute to allow fat to separate from meat juices. Stir meat juices into cranberry sauce; discard fat.
- Garnish serving platter with kale and lady apples. Serve pork roast with cranberry sauce and extra pear mixture, if any.
Video: Knorr: Roast pork with cranberry and apples (27.07.2012)
Best Natural Skin Exfoliants
Best Ever Corn Salad
How to Deal With Bad Gym Etiquette
Three times you should lie at work
Galapágos Islands Ecuador
Tuna and White Bean Salad
How to Make Violet Creams
Why You Don’t Want Sex
How to Melt Silver Coins
How to Help Prevent Nuclear War
How to Wear a Burberry Scarf
Starbucks is Introducing a Brand-New Summer Frappuccino
Date: 04.12.2018, 22:45 / Views: 32535