Sample NaNoWriMo Brainstorm
Protagonists: girl (Tara?) and boy (Eli?)
Themes: Unrequited love between friends; loss
Third person...limited? omniscient?
- Begin in the middle of the action, with the two characters preparing to say good-bye. The girl loves the boy. The girl is already sick. Does she already know? She does know, but she keeps it a secret from the boy.
- Time passes. The two stay in touch; the boy lives life to his fullest while the girl gradually finds out more of her illness.
- What is her illness? Cancer? Heart condition? Heart condition seems more fitting, considering the dual implications of a “heart condition” (medical and emotional).
- The two meet after a year or two pass. The boy still doesn’t know. The girl tries to keep him in the dark but is too weak and eventually faints. As such, she is forced to spill the truth. Perhaps the two should argue about why she never mentioned anything earlier. Maybe this argument leads into a confession about her feelings for him...
- Did he already know about her feelings? Has she hidden them well enough for him to really be clueless? How will he react upon the sudden revelation? Will he accept her? Push her away?
- At this stage, maybe she has already come to terms with her fate. Or maybe she’s just putting on a facade of calmness? Perhaps she collapses a second time, more severe than the first, and finally breaks down about her fears.
- The two are again forced to separate. Maybe they reach some sort of tentative understanding. The boy agrees to visit again soon...
- Tragic #1: The girl passes away before the boy can return, causing him to contemplate his loss and ask himself what his feelings for the girl really were.
- Tragic #2: The girl is miraculously cured, but the boy dies randomly in an accident before the two can meet again. Would work especially well if he finally returned her feelings.
- Bittersweet #2: The girl lives, miraculously, but the two do not end up together.
- Happy #1: The girl is miraculously saved and ends up with the boy.
Video: Writer Wednesday | #preptember #nanowrimo | Brainstorming and Mindmapping
Bone Cancer Diagnosis: Shock and Denial
How to Boost Computer Performance
How to sleep better – simple ways to get a good night’s rest
The 30 signs you’ve found a friend for life
Beer soda radiation atomic bomb
Facebook is one of the best things to happen to us in terms of happiness, according to science
The Role of Hysterectomy in Menopause
The Santa Clause: A man kills Santa Claus in front of his son on Christmas
How I Packed for the Most Instagrammed Holiday of 2019
The World’s Funniest Tease Upsets Talking’ Dog Video
How to Hack CrossFire
Scott Disick Finally Opens Up About His 16-Year Age Difference with SofiaRichie
Amazon Customers Will Soon Be Able to Return Things for Free at Kohls