The best ways to salt out trout at home
The salmon family, which includes several varieties of red fish, is distinguished not only by the color of its meat, but also by its great nutritional value, diet and usefulness. You can fry, bake, steam, and salt the trout. Salty trout at home goes tasty, the process itself does not cause problems and much difficulty, and the finished product is much more economical than the purchased one. And the trout need to salt with a minimum of ingredients. There are several ways to salt a trout at home. We will tell you the simplest and tasty ones.
How to pickle trout at home in brine.
Such a way to salt the trout at home will allow to avoid undissolved grains of coarse salt.
- The very first thing to do with fish is to clean it and remove the bones. This, incidentally, applies to all methods. You must have fillet pieces without a single bone.
- Take one liter of water and pour it into the pan.
- Add to the water two tablespoons of coarse salt and two tablespoons of sugar, as well as a few pinches of allspice.
- Bring to a boil this liquid and simmer for about five minutes.
- When the marinade has cooled down, put the sliced fish into it. It is advisable to take small, but wide dishes, for which it is easy to pick up oppression.
- Under the oppression you need to put the fish so that it is well soaked with marinade and does not emerge.
- Salt the trout in this way, or rather insist for 24 hours in the fridge.
How to pickle trout at home in a popular way
This option is the most common. The ingredients here are standard:
- a fish in the cleared state weighing one kilogram;
- two tablespoons of sugar;
- one tablespoon of salt;
- half a lemon.
You can pickle trout at home or with a ridge, or completely carve the carcass, remove all the bones from it and divide into steaks.
Place the pieces of fish in a bowl and cover them with salt and sugar, mix everything well with your hands so that the sugar-salt mixture is evenly distributed and sweeps each of the pieces.
Squeeze the juice out of half a lemon into fish and mix again.This will eliminate the excessive fishy smell.
Cover the bowl and put it in the fridge. There she must stand at least four days. Only during this time twice a day - in the morning and in the evening - it is necessary to change the pieces in places, turn them upwards and vice versa, so that they are salted evenly.
How to salt the trout at home by other methods
Salted trout at home can be performed by alternative methods.
- Accelerated way. Fish cooked according to this recipe can be consumed in an hour or two. Only you need to cut the fish as thin as possible so that it gets soaked faster. Put it in a container, for example, a jar, add salt (2 tablespoons per kilogram of fish), allspice, two teaspoons of Provencal or other herbs, a couple of bay leaves and 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Mix well the contents and send to the refrigerator.
- Vodka method. Along with standard sugar and salt, fish is poured with vodka (50 grams will be enough). Then it is placed under the load for two hours. Then it moves to the refrigerator for another 5-6 hours and that's it - the fish is ready.And you have mastered another way to salt the trout.