Turkey Breast with Roasted Vegetables
medium red onion
1 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
about 6 1/2 pounds
Yukon gold potatoes
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1/4 c. dry white wine
1 tbsp. cornstarch
- In 10-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until browned. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Discard all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet; add red onion and cook until golden and tender, about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook 3 minutes longer, stirring. Add 2 tablespoons water, stirring to loosen brown bits; cook 1 minute. Transfer onion mixture to small bowl; stir in bacon and let cool until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. With fingertips, gently separate skin from meat on turkey breast. Spread cooled onion mixture on meat under skin.
- Place turkey breast, skin side up, on small rack in large roasting pan (17-inch by 11 1/2-inch). Insert meat thermometer into center of breast being careful that pointed end of thermometer does not touch bone.
- In large bowl, toss potatoes with carrots, onion wedges, oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Arrange vegetables in roasting pan around turkey breast. Cover turkey breast (not vegetables) with a loose tent of foil.
- Roast turkey about 2 hours 30 minutes or until temperature on meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees F. Internal temperature of meat will rise to 170 degrees F upon standing. Start checking for doneness during last 30 minutes of roasting.
- Transfer turkey to carving board. Cover with foil to keep warm. Let turkey stand 15 minutes to set juices for easier slicing. Meanwhile, transfer vegetables to bowl. Remove rack from roasting pan. Pour pan drippings into cup; skim and discard fat. Reserve pan drippings. Turn oven control to 450 degrees F.
- Return roasting pan with vegetables to oven and roast 15 minutes longer to brown and crisp vegetables. Transfer vegetables to serving platter; keep warm.
- Prepare gravy: Pour wine into roasting pan; cook 2 minutes over medium heat, stirring and scraping pan to loosen brown bits. Pour wine mixture into 1-quart saucepan; stir in chicken broth and reserved pan drippings. In cup, with small wire whisk or fork, mix cornstarch with 1/3 cup water until blended.
- Slowly whisk cornstarch mixture into wine mixture; heat over high heat until gravy boils and thickens slightly, whisking constantly. Boil 1 minute. Serve gravy with sliced turkey breast and vegetables.
Video: Christmas Day Roast TURKEY BREAST & GRAVY | DIY for BEGINNERS | Learn how to make Demonstration
A Scary New Reason to Avoid Splenda
6 Ways to Make Pizza a Whole Lot Healthier
The best designer handbags to invest in right now
Kate Upton Landed Sam Edelman Campaign Because She Isn’t StickThin’
How to Improve Your Profile
Chanel X Pharrell Williams: A New Collaboration Is Announced
Sample Research Article Critique
Buzz Cut Hairstyles
How to Check Yourself for Skin Cancer
Top Five Tips To Keep You Cool During Workout In Summers in Hindi
Crohn’s Disease: Why Food Matters
Date: 06.12.2018, 23:47 / Views: 94533