What is a pan?
February 2, 2015
The word "pan" has several meanings. In this article we will try to consider the most popular of them.
Pan: what is it?
- The polite form used when addressing a man in some Slavic languages.
- The son of Hermes and the patron of nature and the shepherds according to the traditions of Greek myths.
- The giant hero according to the myths of Mari paganism.
- The place of the shaman or leader according to the tradition of the ancient Komi and Zavolochskaya Chud.
- At the time of the feudal system - the feudal lord or “master” in the Polish, Czech, Belarusian, Ukrainian states.
- One of the natural satellites of Saturn.
- Also called the near-earth asteroid.
- The work of Mikhail Alexandrovich Vrubel, which depicts the ancient Greek god.
- Transnational surname, traditional for Chinese, Korean and European peoples.
- The first part of compound words, which indicates the maximum coverage of something. As an example, the words "panorama", "Pan-Slavic colors", etc.