What is ambrosia?
November 17, 2014
The word "ambrosia" came to us from ancient languages. What is ambrosia?
- The food of the gods is what this term meant in Greek mythology. Translated from ancient Greek means immortality.
- In a figurative sense, this is sometimes called the incredibly tasty and long-awaited food, exquisite. However, this word is used more often with a touch of joke.
- Example: Milk - ambrosia for babies.
- Ambrosia is a weed plant from the Aster family.
- Example: Again, everything is overgrown with ambrosia.
- So is also called the raid of some mushrooms in the bark of trees, which later feed on beetles.