Which pipes are better for heating?
Today, there are such pipes for heating: plastic, metal-plastic, steel, stainless steel and copper. When making this choice, you need to carefully consider the ratio of price and convenience, as well as the possible service life and complexity during installation. Speaking about which pipes to choose for heating, it is worth noting that all of them have their own advantages and disadvantages, which we will discuss in more detail below.
Remember, to approach the issue of choosing pipes for your premises you need to be very responsible and study all the subtleties of installation and operation, in order to be sure of their reliability and not change them for others.
When choosing plastic pipes for heating, it is necessary to consult with a specialist for several reasons:
- When hot water is supplied, such pipes tend to lengthen and bend, which can destroy the original repair.
- They are large in size, which is not at all aesthetically pleasing.
- Bends will need to do the corners, as they initially did not bend.
- Adapters during installation may burst if the temperature is too low.
- During installation, it is possible to overheat the pipe, which is why there is no opportunity to insert it into the fitting.
As you can see, in spite of the fact that plastic pipes are relatively cheap, durable, do not have difficulties in installation and have a large selection of design solutions, still in order not to risk, you will have to constantly seek the help of specialists.
If you decide to purchase metal-plastic pipes for heating, then this is certainly an excellent choice, given that they keep their shape perfectly and are easy to bend. Therefore, they will not be deformed and spoil your repair and externally look quite nice. But you also need to know that they are expensive. In addition, you will have to purchase metal fittings and various fakes, and in the end a really large amount will be released. As for the installation, one cannot do without the services of a specialist.
Copper pipes for heating are perfect, as well as for gas mains and water supply. They will serve you from 50 years to 100 years, since such pipes are not vulnerable to the effects of chlorinated water and those impurities that in most cases destroy other types of pipes here serve as a protective layer. But at the same time there are some disadvantages:
- A specialist with high-quality equipment is required for welding copper pipes and for installation.
- Such pipes have a high price.
- Copper pipes are not compatible with other materials, for example, with aluminum or steel, as they are subject to electrochemical corrosion.
Therefore, before purchasing this type of pipe, discuss all the details with the specialist who will install them.
Steel pipes are perfect for replacing old iron pipes that are installed in each apartment initially. They also have their advantages, such as durability, reliability, ability to withstand high temperature and pressure. In addition, they have a low coefficient of linear expansion, which does not allow them to deform. But without the drawbacks can not do, they are in the high price and mandatory services of a specialist during installation.
As for stainless steel pipes, their only drawback is the high cost, by the way, which they fully justify. They have a huge number of advantages:
- Durability and reliability.
- Not amenable to electrochemical exposure.
- Have a great design.
- Do not change the chemical composition of water.
- Ease of installation both inside walls and outside.
Now you know the full information about all types of pipes today. And to answer, the question of which pipes are better for heating, you can independently, weighing your financial possibilities and taking into account the design of your apartment. It is necessary, of course, to note that you should not get too hung up on the price, because the pipes must be of high quality and reliable, it will save your money for the next years. And remember, it is better not to use the services of a specialist, and not to risk and install pipes yourself, because you can ruin expensive material. In addition, as you can see, there are no perfect pipes without any flaws, so initially determine which criteria are most important to you.