Why does the temperature hold?
It is believed that the normal temperature of a person's body varies in a small range from 36.0 to 36.9 degrees. Temperature from 37 to 38 degrees is called subfebrile if it lasts for a long time. There are many reasons for its occurrence, and some of them are a reason to immediately consult a doctor.
However, if the body temperature exceeds the level of 38.0, urgently go for medical help, most likely, the body can not cope with thermoregulation, and it is life-threatening!
Why does the temperature last for a long time?
If you are sure that the thermometer readings are correct, here are some options.
- This is an individual norm. There are people for whom low-grade fever is a normal condition, most often they are representatives of asthenic body type.
- Tuberculosis. Unfortunately, specialists often call this disease a “scourge of the century”, the situation is worrying about it, so just in case you need to undergo a fluorography study to rule out this option.
- SARS and other infections.When foreign cells penetrate into the body, the causative agents of diseases, the body proceeds to combat them, throwing all the forces at it, as a result, the temperature rises, and this means that human immunity is working normally. Read more about infections that cause low-grade fever, read our article What can be temperature.
- Iron-deficiency anemia. A very troubling diagnosis, which can also be a symptom of hidden bleeding. Often iron deficiency is manifested in ulcers of the stomach or duodenum, as well as in women with uterine myoma. Therefore, be sure to go through a thorough examination.
- Thyrotoxicosis. An unpleasant disease, other symptoms of which are nervousness and excessive emotionality. The disease has a hormonal nature, so be sure to take a test for thyrotropin. Its low rate indicates an increase in the level of thyroid hormones, which necessarily needs to be adjusted.
- Chronic autoimmune diseases. These include a large number of diagnoses from allergies to malignant tumors.Take particular care to exclude the latter option if there are also pains in some areas of the body, lethargy, sharp weight loss, sweating.
- Stress and nervousness. The life of a modern person is often overly saturated and full of all kinds of stressful situations. If this way of life is familiar to you, perhaps this is where the cause of low-grade fever (temperature increase) lies.
In short, a long deviation from the norm requires monitoring and examination. It is enough to visit a therapist and pass the necessary tests. In the event of other unpleasant symptoms, do not delay with a visit to a medical institution.
Causes of fever in women
So, take a look.
- In women in the middle of the menstrual cycle, low-grade fever may occur within a few days. This is due to the process of ovulation, that is, the release of a ripe egg from the ovary. This is normal, especially if after 1–2 days after ovulation, the thermometer bar stops in front of normal values;
- also in women, a rise in temperature is observed during menopause.In connection with the end of the fertile age and the change in the level of hormones, the body may slightly increase body temperature.
Why does the child's temperature keeps
Consider a few reasons.
- In addition to various diseases, the increased thermometer readings cause frequent shouts and crying in newborns and young children. Children's thermoregulation is still imperfect, and the cry leads to warming up of the body;
- regular overheating. Usually, pediatricians advise mothers to be attentive and not to wrap the child too much. In a hot room, the temperature of the babies rises due to the weak perspiration characteristic of young children. This advice should be taken very carefully, as overheating is much more dangerous for a child than cooling.
Of course, you should not reassure yourself with these reasons, it is better to consult a doctor and make sure that the child’s high temperature is not in your case a symptom of a slow-down ARVI or other illness.