NFD Guardianis a wikiHow tool that processes articles that have been nominated for deletion. This tool is available to and to admins. Boosters that are interested in becoming an admin on wikiHow should learn the deletion policy and begin using the NFD Guardian to build their skills.
When an article is nominated for deletion at least a week is provided for comment. During this period anyone is able to comment on the article and explain why the NFD tag may have been incorrectly placed or to edit the article to save the article from deletion.
After the waiting period is over articles are automatically placed in the NFD Guardian queue for consideration. Any Booster or Admin can move through the queue and vote tokeepordeletearticles.
Before beginning to vote for articles it is important to carefully review the deletion policy to understand the reasons an article can be deleted. If articles do not fall into one of these deletion categories, the article should not be deleted. Those using this tool should bookmark the deletion policy and refer to it often.
Please follow this procedure when voting using the NFD Guardian tool.
Note the reason the article has been nominated for deletion and review the Deletion Policy for this deletion category.
Read the discussion page and note anything related to the nomination for deletion.
Read the article and determine if it does indeed fit the NFD category that was designated.Review the Deletion Policy again if necessary.
- Vote to keep- If the article clearly does not fit the category designated you should vote to keep the article. It is helpful to place a note on the Discussion page before you make your vote.
- Edit to Keepthe article if possible. Make edits necessary to change the nature of the article so that the deletion policy no longer applies. For example, at times articles that are an advertisement in nature can be edited to remove product references and links to make it an informative, how-to article.
- Skip. If you are not sure how an article fits the deletion policy you can skip the article. It is always helpful to place a note on the Comments page to raise any questions you have about the NFD tag.
- Vote to delete.
- Don't be quick to delete. Voting is easy but a good booster will take the time to look at each article and, if possible, edit the article so that it can be saved.
- When at least one boosters and one admin (or two admins) votes to delete or keep an article the action will be taken. However, if not all the boosters agree it will take 6 votes for the action to be taken.
- You can set the NFD Guardian to show only one NFD Category by clicking onChange Optionsjust above the voting buttons.
- Your vote counts.
Video: When Should You Trust Your Gut Feeling? (And How To Know When Your Instincts Are Wrong)
15 of the Best Pixie Haircuts
Short Cropped Bob: Straight Hair Cuts
As Seen on TV Pet Toys—Animal Tested, Owner Approved
How to Improve Your Self Confidence Right Now
Brands that Make F Cup Bras and Larger
Weve Just Found the Best Workout Clothes for Fashion Girls
How to Adjust an E Z Go Golf Cart Governor
The Top Knot Hairstyle – Visual Guide for Men (7 Different Styles)
The 42 facial oil the Duchess of Cambridge relied on during her hospital stay
19 Famous Men Before After Photoshop
AAP Rocky, Ryan Gosling Colin Firth Are The Weeks Best Dressed Men
Guess How Much A Kim Kardashian Endorsement Costs These Days
Jade Goody: I begged doctors to kill me
Blake Lively Lands Her Third Vogue Cover, Is Called an Internet Entrepreneur’